Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Research Topic advice

• 03-12-2011 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hey lads and lassies, :p
    Currently in 6th year and am doing my 2nd draft of the history project. Originally, my topic was to be “The GAA’s involvement in the Irish Struggle for Independence 1884-1921”. However, after handing it up to my teacher, he said it was too broad, and I'd have to start again. Which I am ok with, in fairness it was about 40 years of history I was doing there.

He suggested to focus between the years of 1912-1921, due to the fact that the Gaa between 1884-1889 (?) is a case study on one of the other courses. My problem is I don't think I'll have enough to write a full project on those years. At the moment I have 10, different books on my desk on the GAA, but Im finding that the majority of the topics to talk on are prior to 1912.
    I was thinking of discussing Bloody Sunday in detail, but I worried that I'll have a lack of things to write about.

What Im asking is;
    (a) Should I stick with what I had originally(1884-1921) ?
    (b) Take it from 1912-1921
    (c) Does anyone have any ideas on what to write on during that period ^?
    (d) Find a new area to do the project on ?

Sorry for the long post. Any help or advice would be highly appreciated ! :)

Advertisement