Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i5 gaming build

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

jsjsin wrote: »
    Hey, I'm considering ordering the following build, but wanted to check with you guys if there are any things that should be changed first.

So this is my current list:

Total build cost: €907.75 + €30 shipping
    Intel Core i5-2500K Box, LGA1155 €189.99
    8GB-Kit G.Skill RipJaws-X PC3-12800U CL9 €35.59
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 Ti, 1GB GDDR5, PCI-Express €189.52
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 550W €52.07
    BenQ G2420HDBL (9H.Y3VLN.IBE) €149.00
    Crucial M4 128GB SSD 6,4cm (2,5") €174.29
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3, Sockel 1155, ATX €117.29

Anything I should change? Don't really want to spend much more on this.
    I have 2x 500gb HDD, that I'm gonna use for storage.
    Could anyone recommend me a cabinet for this?

Also, how long is the delivery time from hardwareversand.de usually?

Everything looks great there, If you want to cf or sli you'd need a better psu (650-700) Xfx or super flower are good brands. You could also get a 6950 which is 5-10% better on fps games if you shaved off that ram and got the cheaper version without heat-spreaders. I cant give links as I'm on my phone but good cases would be:

Corsair carbide 400r (hav it myself and it's lovely)
    Coolermaster haf 912
    Coolermaster 690- lite
    Also fractal design xl is good (not too sure what it's called)

As for delivery I ordered a build on Sunday and got it on Friday so a week or thereabouts.
    Hope this helps!

Edit: I take it as you already have a DVD drive? Just to make sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jsjsin

thanks for the tips, SLI/CF is something I consider for the future so I'll get the CPU I think. And changed the RAM to low profile as I might try and get a 6950 reference model, but seems a bit hard to find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Eamonn Brophy

jsjsin wrote: »
    thanks for the tips, SLI/CF is something I consider for the future so I'll get the CPU I think. And changed the RAM to low profile as I might try and get a 6950 reference model, but seems a bit hard to find.

I'd go with the 560ti simply for the large reports of people having driver issues with ATI cards. AMD are slow as hell at supporting newer games under crossfire too if you go that route in future. Would be easier to sli 560ti's.

Also, you haven chosen a CPU cooler. If you're not going to overclocking there's no reason in buying the 2500k over the 2500. Overlooking is easy and the extra performance boost is well worth the extra few quid on a cooler.

Advertisement