Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

expanding horizons - Rush

Options
  • 04-12-2011 1:52am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The OH and myself are looking for alternate nights out and have discovered the theatre in Rush are showing Happy Birthday Alice.

Anyone been?

We are hoping to go next weekend and would love some recommendations as to where we can eat beforehand, along with reviews if you've been?

Only found it as we were at a loose end today and wondering what to do! Never knew there is a theatre in Rush!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Stheno wrote: »
    The OH and myself are looking for alternate nights out and have discovered the theatre in Rush are showing Happy Birthday Alice.

Anyone been?

We are hoping to go next weekend and would love some recommendations as to where we can eat beforehand, along with reviews if you've been?

Only found it as we were at a loose end today and wondering what to do! Never knew there is a theatre in Rush!

Firstly you will not be disappointed with any show in The Millbank. They are a superb theatre company with many having performed professionally. They have a nice lounge upstairs for an after show tipple.

On places to eat I have heard good reports about both Indian restauraunts, The Bombay Bistro and the new one at Skerries Rd corner. If you just want a snack The Strand Bar on Main St does very good food. I have had a few good evenings in there. The Harbour Bar has a very good restauraunt. Both of these won awards at Chamber of Commerse awards.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bmurphy8177

Just to back up what the great man LeoB has said, you will not be disappointed with anything you decide upon if you come to Rush. Plenty of good places to eat. Great quality pub food in The Strand Bar or the Harbour Bar. The Bombay Bistro is very reasonable also an having ate there myself i can highly recommend it. And to add to the atmosphere for a great night the village looks fabulous now with the Christmas lights all down the main street.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Not as highbrow as the theatre, but Balbriggan cinema and Harvey's are doing an offer now. 2 cinema tickets and 2 mains in Harvey's for €30.

Advertisement