Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question about eyefinity

Options
  • 04-12-2011 2:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,475 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to get a three monitor setup working properly with eyefinity.
    Bezel correction is only supported if the monitors 'are the same'. My centre screen is a Dell 2311H, I have another one sitting back home.

Here's the rub: Dell have stopped making the 2311H and have replaced it with a similar IPS panel but with an LED backlight. Is there any way of finding out if I could use one of these to complete the trio or am I in a position where I would need to find a second hand 2311H or even buy three new monitors?

Does eyefinity just require similar size panels or does it require all the monitors to be exactly the same model?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I believe it's just the resolution that has to be the same. The actual type of monitor and whatever doesn't matter. I've even seen people using a slightly bigger centre monitor and smaller side ones, all the same resolution.
    Of course, you do need one connection to be displayport, which you already have.

Advertisement