Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Library - Locations - Dublin or near.

Options
  • 04-12-2011 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hi Guys.

I'm making a short film as my graduation project. The film takes place in a library so I was wondering what libraries are opened to the idea of filming there? I imagine there won't be that many, but if you have names then that would be great. I have a few names but realistically I can't see it being where I'd like it to be.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Where are you studying? Persumably they have a library. That'd be the first place I'd try.

Other than that the thing to do is either visit loads of them and talk to the managers or find an Irish short/tv show that used a library and ask that production company where their location was.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Miguel_Angel

Maybe, you could ask for the use of the Trinity College Library, both of them.

I know that, sometimes, they give permission for people to shoot there.

:).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Do you want an "old" library or a modern one?

Blanchardstown library is one of (if not the) biggest public libraries in Ireland as far as I am aware.

Advertisement