Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FreeStyleDash 2.2 Final

• 04-12-2011 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

New FSD 2.2 Final:D
    [COLOR=#000000]We started to do some small updates and fixes on FSD for running on Slim.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000]While working on it, we incorporated more and more fixes and some brand new features.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000]The result:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]FSD 2.2 Final[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]Some of the new features:[/COLOR]

[LIST]
    [*]Faster file management (copy / delete / etc)
    [*]Play games from pc-share (with ConnectX plugin)
    [*]Support for Slim on board MU
    [*]New weather provider
    [*]New tune on the about screen
    [/LIST][COLOR=#000000]Information on how to use ConnectX is found in the plugins folder.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000]For users that used the auto-update feature: the ConnectX-only package[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000]can be downloaded seperately (instructions included).[/COLOR]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

And that presumeably is that for FSD :(:) Great scene work it was, & kudos to the lads running it.

Hopefully the future is bright for RXE

Regards FSD 2.2, I presume to have it autoboot we need to wait for a new Dashlaunch, or will this work out of the box with existing dashlaunch versions?

I'll lilkely not bother with this until the upcoming kernel is given the rebooter treatment & do it all in one go

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭stanleytli

I just installed new FSD and it works great with dashlaunch 2.26 and probably 2.25.
    Still testing ...
    Fan speed is auto and next 65%, no 50, 55, 60 %:mad:

stanleytli wrote: »
    I just installed new FSD and it works great with dashlaunch 2.26 and probably 2.25.
    Still testing ...
    Fan speed is auto and next 65%, no 50, 55, 60 %:mad:

Is that to prevent undercooling? Either way you can patch it manually

Finally we have this option
    Connectx is a plugin for Freestyle Dash 2.2 that will allow you to boot/play games off of
    samba shares on a remote PC via network

Works perfect with my NAS server:D

Finally we have this option
    Connectx is a plugin for Freestyle Dash 2.2 that will allow you to boot/play games off of
    samba shares on a remote PC via network

Works perfect with my NAS server:D

Whats the loading times etc like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

EnterNow wrote: »
    Regards FSD 2.2, I presume to have it autoboot we need to wait for a new Dashlaunch, or will this work out of the box with existing dashlaunch versions?

Also works fine over here on rgh with 2.26.
    default - FSD 2.2
    X on boot - FSD 2.1
    Y on boot - XeXmenu

Whats the loading times etc like?
    On my NAS DS210+ & 1GB network small bit longer than from HDD. I am testing BF3 with HD contenet installed, so far no lags, but loading times and saves longer, but it's really not too bad.

On my NAS DS210+ & 1GB network small bit longer than from HDD. I am testing BF3 with HD contenet installed, so far no lags, but loading times and saves longer, but it's really not too bad.

I presume that 1GB connection won't make a difference there, as the 360's NIC is 10/100 isn't it?

Would the times be at leas t on par with disc times? Very cool if so

I presume that 1GB connection won't make a difference there, as the 360's NIC is 10/100 isn't it?

Would the times be at leas t on par with disc times? Very cool if so
    No it won't, but if you have 2 or 3 xbox in your LAN ...
    I think it's even faster than disc times.
    Still testing ... but it is a big impovement:)

No it won't, but if you have 2 or 3 xbox in your LAN ...

Like pushing the game image out to more than one console at a time? Will that work?

• Advertisement

Like pushing the game image out to more than one console at a time? Will that work?
    I will try the same game at the same time on two consoles and report it.
    A game server;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Finally you can adjust the fan speed on a Slim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Is it just me, or does the whole app feel more responsive?

Unfortunately you can't play the same game from "server" at the same time on two or more consoles.:mad:

Unfortunately you can't play the same game from "server" at the same time on two or more consoles.:mad:

I wouldn't have thought so as the file will be mounted/in use by the other console. Still though, nice addition

I wouldn't have thought so as the file will be mounted/in use by the other console. Still though, nice addition
    Let's be honest, we should not expect it, I have checked, it was just pure currisity:), but now we are not limited with internal or external (USB) HDD.

Advertisement