Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groupon

Options
  • 04-12-2011 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

I bought a deal for a holiday to Tenerife,a few days ago. I checked te dates I wanted were available before I booked the flights but when I ring they are no longer available.

On the site the dates are still showing up as available.

Paid by visa debit for flights and groupon. Where do I stand here?

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭rameire

you should have rung the number provided to book the dates, and then book the flights.
    i dont see any way out for you.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

It didn't specify to call the number. It listed a number and a site. I looked at the site as it was out of hours for the number.

I'm calling back tomorrow to speak with a manager and if no joy seeking a refund from groupon. The guy on the phone could not give me a valid reason as to why it was and still is available via their site but not on the phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

They probably have a restricted number of tickets available to the Groupon deal, or something like that. Hence it's still available at full price on their site, but evidentially you can't use the Groupon deal that way, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

jor el wrote: »
    They probably have a restricted number of tickets available to the Groupon deal, or something like that. Hence it's still available at full price on their site, but evidentially you can't use the Groupon deal that way, right?

Yup - got the refund.

When they list a site on the voucher they should really show the Groupon availability! Whats the point in having a phone number and a website when the information is not the same.

Got my refund anyways but the agent the voucher was for was very unhelpful to say the least.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement