Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Box sound query

Options
  • 02-12-2011 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Red Alert wrote: »
    What happens if you make the XBOX send stereo?
    I connected my HD DVD drive to my new 360slim. Worked fine until I exited to dashboard. Now 5.1 didital audio no longer works properly. No dashboard or certain in game sound effects. When I change audio to digital stereo it works fine. Even with HD drive disconnected problem persists. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Hi there and welcome to boards. There is a 'New Thread' button which you should use instead of resurrecting old threads.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@Mikejb37,

Welcome to Boards - I've removed your post from the very old thread where it was posted, we prefer if people start a new thread for their query of there isn't a current subject already open.

I'm also moving your query to the Gaming Consoles (Xbox) section of Boards, hopefully some of the folks there will be able to assist you.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

Moved here from Home Entertainment.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Mikejb37 wrote: »
    Red Alert wrote: »
    What happens if you make the XBOX send stereo?
    I connected my HD DVD drive to my new 360slim. Worked fine until I exited to dashboard. Now 5.1 didital audio no longer works properly. No dashboard or certain in game sound effects. When I change audio to digital stereo it works fine. Even with HD drive disconnected problem persists. Any ideas?

Interesting problem.

Firstly, how have you got the 5.1 set up?

Only the optical cable will give 5.1 surround sound, I believe. If you can give us more details on your exact setup, we may be able to figure this out. We love a challenge here.

By the way, welcome to the xbox forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mikejb37

Thanks for the welcome. I have my 360 slim connected to an amplifier via an optical cable. I had no issue with the audio (5.1 digital was working fine) until I connected the hd DVD drive from my old white 360. Now 5.1 audio is unavailable on both consoles but interestingly when I play a hd DVD the audio comes thru in 5.1. If there was a compatability issue between the 2 models of 360 then surely the hd DVD drive wouldn't have worked on the slim 360 at all. I'm stumped!

• Advertisement

The Ritz wrote: »
    Mod Comment:

@Mikejb37,

Welcome to Boards - I've removed your post from the very old thread where it was posted, we prefer if people start a new thread for their query of there isn't a current subject already open.

I'm also moving your query to the Gaming Consoles (Xbox) section of Boards, hopefully some of the folks there will be able to assist you.

Cheers,

Ritz.

Thanks for that. Just recently started going online so I'm new to all this. I'm sure it gets easier

Apologies for wasting ur time. Discovered its a problem with the standard Dolby digital setting on my amplifier. When I switch to game mode setting all sound comes thru in 5.1. Only realised when I was watching a movie I had seen before and realised the background music wasn't coming thru. When I switched to movie setting on the amplifier all sound came thru. As to what caused the malfunction on my amplifier that's another days guesswork!

Advertisement