Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MORE Mobile set to launch soon?

Options
  • 04-12-2011 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

A mate of mine told me about a new Mobile operator starting in Ireland soon. They're looking for testers on moremobile.ie

Anyone know about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Hope they're not another Justmobile:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Hope they're not another Justmobile:(
    Damn right, Seán Melly never mentioned that on Linkedin

Who is behind moremobile, hope it ain't those crooked cnuts the McConnons. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

This is what I got from WHOIS
    % Rights restricted by copyright; http://iedr.ie/index.php/mnudomregs/mnudnssearch/96
    % Do not remove this notice

domain: moremobile.ie
    descr: CAESARS WORLD COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED
    descr: Body Corporate (Ltd,PLC,Company)
    descr: Discretionary Name
    admin-c: ANZ280-IEDR
    tech-c: ABG704-IEDR
    renewal: 03-November-2013
    nserver: ns9.dnsireland.com
    nserver: ns10.dnsireland.com
    source: IEDR

person: Vimal Odedra
    nic-hdl: ANZ280-IEDR

person: Lets Host Domain Services
    nic-hdl: ABG704-IEDR

If you look on CRO.ie, search here for company no 474668. I can't link directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

Any word on what date and month and details yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Hmm I sent them an email about being a tester a few weeks back but have heard nothing back from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's probably going to be an MVNO, the same company have something similar in the UK.
    I think any MVNO is waisting their time here, the pre pay market is already saturated with cut throat deals. They'd need to be prepared to loose a lot of money to get market share.

The UK site is here http://annecto.com/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

With a Site like that i wouldn't touch them the African Scammers do a better job!

moremobile.ie

Any chance they would be another giffgaff. £10 for 250 mins + unlimited texts + unlimited data. No Irish network can come within an asses roar of that tarriff. See www.giffgaff.com. If only...............:)

They're getting a bit desperate, I think.
    How would you like to be one of the First people in Ireland on the MORE Mobile network as a Beta Tester
    and be entered into a draw for €50 Top-Up or Five runner-up prizes of €10 Top-Up?

Simply send us your Email address and help us develop the products YOU want.
    Beta Tester places are limited so we’ll pull out the Lucky Winners on our Launch Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

entered in my address but really really regretting it now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi

got the mail below earlier from them, it redirects to http://www.moremobile.ie/beta.html but looks like the Beta is to port your number to them, mm I don;t think so.
    Welcome
    It's time to get involved!

Thank you for taking the time to register your interest in MORE Mobile. Your input is important to us and we will take your comments and information into account as we finalise our exciting Services and Bundles.

As you know, there are a limited number of Beta Test slots available, so we would be grateful if you could tell us a little bit about yourself and what you would like from MORE Mobile.

Click here to take the next step in becoming a MORE Mobile Beta Tester

If you would like to send us any additional ideas or comments, we can be reached at beta@moremobile.ie

In the meantime, we'll send you updates by email as we approach Launch.

Buckle up, it's going to be a BLAST!

Thanks again and Happy New Year from everyone in Team MORE Mobile!

nava wrote: »
    Hi

got the mail below earlier from them, it redirects to http://www.moremobile.ie/beta.html but looks like the Beta is to port your number to them, mm I don;t think so.

I was halfway through entering my own info when I noticed that. Nope, not doing that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

They have a twittter account too. so far Two followers! (i'm one of them!)
    @more3G

They cant port any number without your permission.. or can they? I filled out the forum but from what I could see it was contact info only not porting, as in no t's and C's anywhere.
    Hmm I dont want to use my every day mobile number but I have a few spare numbers I'd be happy to port over to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

where does it say they are porting? where are you getting this from?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I too don't see anything about porting and if they did port you on the info you supplied there to them, comreg would rip them apart. There's no mention of porting and for bill pay users they don't ask for your account number. I presume they'll send you a sim with credit if you win.

Anyway I registered for the look see.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It does say you can give as much info as you like, so don have to fill in your number if you don't want too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Everything points towards this been 3's first MVNO here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Whats MVNO ?

Mobile virtual network operator. An operator that piggy backs on someone else's network. For example, Tesco Mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Mobile Virtual Network Operator

• Advertisement

Ah right thanks. Suppose thr best we csn hope for is they will drive down prices a bit more .

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭vicM

Fungus wrote: »

Mhh..wonder what how that will affect the performance of the 3 network..chaos i'd say

Owryan wrote: »
    Ah right thanks. Suppose thr best we csn hope for is they will drive down prices a bit more .

I replied to their email & said that unless they can match the Giffgaff model in the UK, they could forget about having any effect here.

vicM wrote: »
    Fungus wrote: »

Mhh..wonder what how that will affect the performance of the 3 network..chaos i'd say

Arent three already using vodafones network , how can they let someone use theirs with all the coverage issues it has . Im a three customer and I find their coverage a disaster . How can a new service even consider piggy backing on them ?

Well Three is 3g only. They are the only network that is. Whether they have enough capacity to accomadate a mvno is the big question. Doubtful if Three can eek enough money money from moremobile to make big improvements to its network. That leaves the possibility of even more people having reception problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Well Three is 3g only. They are the only network that is. Whether they have enough capacity to accomadate a mvno is the big question.

3 Don't have 100% 3G coverage, so I don't see how it could be them unless Moremobile was also going to piggyback on 3's Vodafone roaming agreement. Seems a bit messy. They have the capacity for a lot more Voice as it is and capacity is increasing for data with fiber connection currently being rolled out to a lot of sites and hopefully new spectrum in the new year.
    I reckon it's o2 or Vodafone again. Seems like it's going to be an mvno for cheap international calls more that anything, could be something sold in spar and airports for foreign visitors, don't see anything game changing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Nothing game changing so far I agree but nice to see another operator entering the market in (if the intl. calls is the key grab) a niche sector. They could do well.

Well O2 could do with their business, I suppose. Might make up for all the customers that are leaving them.

Davy wrote: »
    It does say you can give as much info as you like, so don have to fill in your number if you don't want too

I tried that and it gave me an error. I just gave them a blatantly fake number instead.
    I replied to their email & said that unless they can match the Giffgaff model in the UK, they could forget about having any effect here.

I caved, and sent a reply out of sheer curiosity. That's what I'd like out of them too. Can't see it happening though.
    cookie1977 wrote: »
    Nothing game changing so far I agree but nice to see another operator entering the market in (if the intl. calls is the key grab) a niche sector. They could do well.

I wonder how much of that market has Skype took over? The only niche there would be for countries that have mostly wireless communications networks and poor/inaccessible internet imo.

• Advertisement

I wonder how much of that market has Skype took over?

Skype has won the desktop VOIP war, it is loosing the mobile VOIP war. The market is getting split between Viber, What's app, Hey Tell, Google Talk, MSN Messenger, Blackberry Messenger and Skype itself.

Advertisement