Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No cuts for Enda's Mates.

• 04-12-2011 2:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭

So Spenda Kenny is addressing the nation on telly later, to tell us all about tightening our belts again with more cuts, taxes, leveys and charges in the budget this week, but he's looking after his mates, why just lilke Charlie Haughety did.

FF FG there is no difference, they all have the same sort of neck.

http://www.thejournal.ie/taoiseach-breaches-pay-cap-to-award-former-advisor-e35k-pay-rise-295889-Dec2011/
    TAOISEACH ENDA KENNY has breached his Government’s self-imposed pay cap by approving a €35,000 pay rise for one of his former advisors.

The Irish Mail on Sunday details how Kenny wrote to Secretary General at the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform last March to ask for his former advisor Ciaran Conlon be awarded an annual salary of €127,000 – well over the €92,000 cap on the salaries of special advisors that his Government has agreed upon.

Conlon had served as advisor to Kenny for eight years.

Both Finance Minister, Michael Noonan, and Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform, Brendan Howlin, disagreed with the proposal. However, Kenny insisted that the amount was justified “in this specific case” and, after much negotiation, the payment was approved.

Conlon is now advisor to Minister for Social Protection Joan Burton, although it is not thought that she had any involvement in his salary negotiations.

The revelation comes just hours before the Taoiseach is due to address the nation tonight, when he is expected to tell the public that everyone must make sacrifices in order to reduce Ireland’s crippling public deficit.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

you sound surprised

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

Sharrow wrote: »
    FF FG there is no difference, they all have the same sort of neck.

Welcome to democracy in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

This will make this evening's 'state of the nation' address all the more entertaining.

Feckin state of it is right

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

This will make this evening's 'state of the nation' address all the more entertaining.

Feckin state of it is right

Its not even going live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Biggins wrote: »
    Its not even going live.

What? It's not even going live!
    What a joke with the joke on us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

We need a new system this current system is too flawed. All the 'opposition' have no different views and have no interest in the public and are simply there for the gravy train experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

Its not even going live.

Is that not just on tv3?

I thought it was live on rte

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

It could be right, but let's be a bit skeptical, this is coming from The Daily Mail so unless The Daily Mail is suddenly gospel around here...

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    Is that not just on tv3?

I thought it was live on rte

No.
    The speech will not be live but will be recorded "as live" just beforehand, which means that it will not be edited prior to broadcast. TV3 will also show it on Monday morning.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/kenny-tv-address-to-follow-rte-news-2953079.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

The hypocrisy that goes on in this country makes my blood boil, double pensions for ex ministers etc, travelling expenses still being dished out and only god knows what we don't know. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Paulor94

Sad thing is i'm used to this kind of ****.

Paulor94 wrote: »
    Sad thing is i'm used to this kind of ****.

...And even more sad, is that people will accept it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

The French had the right idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Enda fùcking Kenny, you're a gombeen, you're every bit as much a gombeen as that last shower of useless bastards. You're an ideas man, your ideas are all Fianna Fails ideas.

If Inda Kinny and his shower were in charge during the boom I can guarantee you one thing, the country would be in the exact same state today, fùcked. And that arrogant bastard think's he's a great ruler with his "State of the Nation", fùck off, you're not the President of the US. You're a little man with no ideas, a little man that's overpaid and when Angela Merkel tells you to jump you ask "how high" and jizz yourself because someone as powerful as her actually talks to you.

**** off back to Mayo and go teach Primary School kids, that's all you're qualified to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

I don't accept it, but I don't see the point in having marches either, they don't work. They just don't give two ****s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

It could be right, but let's be a bit skeptical, this is coming from The Daily Mail so unless The Daily Mail is suddenly gospel around here...

Well, they have the emails published so i guess it is correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Dotrel wrote: »
    Welcome to democracy in Ireland.

Fianna Gaelour - our National scammers Government.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 121 ✭✭Bababa

This is what happens when mucka cute hoors play with the big boys. The EU made paddy the Irishman think he was an important player in the third reich. Feeding him cash like rats eating rat poison.
    Did no one ever have any suspicions about the "FREE" cash we were getting from the eu?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Being discussed in THIS thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The only change after the last election was that an "F" became a "G".

They're all a shower of overpaid fuckwits, and so are their sycophantic pals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

TheZohan wrote: »
    Enda fùcking Kenny, you're a gombeen, you're every bit as much a gombeen as that last shower of useless bastards. You're an ideas man, your ideas are all Fianna Fails ideas.

If Inda Kinny and his shower were in charge during the boom I can guarantee you one thing, the country would be in the exact same state today, fùcked. And that arrogant bastard think's he's a great ruler with his "State of the Nation", fùck off, you're not the President of the US. You're a little man with no ideas, a little man that's overpaid and when Angela Merkel tells you to jump you ask "how high" and jizz yourself because someone as powerful as her actually talks to you.

**** off back to Mayo and go teach Primary School kids, that's all you're qualified to do.

^^^
    This should be post of the day.
    In fact, I think this post should be emailed off to Enda.

Dean09 wrote: »
    ^^^
    This should be post of the day.
    In fact, I think this post should be emailed off to Enda.

Kenny didn't listen to the FG party faithful when they basically told him to feck off, so he's hardly likely to listen to us poor underpaid mere mortals.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

What can people do otherwise? Those that dare to protest are pigeonholed as smelly hippies, and those that simply complain online are called lazy and apathetic.

This country and the majority of the people in it deserve everything they get have taken from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

TheZohan wrote: »

Remember the sh*te he came out with before the general election?

He was gonna be his "real self from now on".

Who had he been for his first 35 years in the Dail? :confused: :rolleyes:

What can people do otherwise? Those that dare to protest are pigeonholed as smelly hippies, and those that simply complain online are called lazy and empathetic.

True, the bar stool 'experts' usually go down that route.

Look, isn't Germany running this place now and our government are Merkel's puppets.

Isn't there a country in europe without a government.

Can we not overturn this government and boot the lot of them out?

ilovesleep wrote: »
    Look, isn't Germany running this place now and our government are Merkel's puppets.

Some haven't the money to buy ordinary boots, never mind new jackboots!

ilovesleep wrote: »

Yes, RTE will be replacing the Angelus with the Angela, just so's we don't forget.

It still won't stop us moaning about her lapdog Enda, though.

Some haven't the money to buy ordinary boots, never mind new jackboots!

Don't tell me about it. There's holes in the soles of my runners - my daily work shoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

It was a piece written by Ken Foxe who is generally on the ball with this sort of thing.

Aaa... Enda, different arse - same smell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Aaa... Enda, different arse - same smell!
    :D:::

And thanked by Fart!

gambiaman wrote: »
    ...And thanked by Fart!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Only one question though...

...what do ye propose replacing them with, exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Doc Ruby wrote: »

Are all the Marx Brothers dead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Duffy's circus?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

The Germans?

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Duffy's circus?

Official clowns - rather than unofficial ones?
    Should be fun in the Dail for a change! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

May not apply to our overlords.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

There is cuts for Enda's mates.

Prime cuts.

• Advertisement

Thrill wrote: »
    There is cuts for Enda's mates.

Prime cuts.

...And nothing to beef about I tell ya! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭twinytwo

msg11 wrote: »
    I don't accept it, but I don't see the point in having marches either, they don't work. They just don't give two ****s.

Burn out the Dail, tar and feather the TD's they might get the hint then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

:D

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Wait.. let me get this right Ciaran Conlon gets a 30,000 euro pay rise for "advising" the Taoiseach and yet the country is in the middle of a recession and tough cuts are ahead, I know what I'd cut the government, if we got rid rid of them sure that would save the country a heap of money.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

WTF? He got another pay rise... ?
    :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 cianeill

People should never forget that when they vote they need to factor that politicans have this sneeky way of backtracking on committments and this is a classic example.
    I spoke to one politican prior to the election and he gave me certain assurrances on protecting education.
    My wife also asked a few questions because we did take the time to inform ourselves in relation to education prior to the election and low and behold when I put the context of our detailed discussion lately to him he denied it.
    So its best to just not bothering your arse to vote any more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

cianeill wrote: »
    People should never forget that when they vote they need to factor that politicans have this sneeky way of backtracking on committments and this is a classic example.
    I spoke to one politican prior to the election and he gave me certain assurrances on protecting education.
    My wife also asked a few questions because we did take the time to inform ourselves in relation to education prior to the election and low and behold when I put the context of our detailed discussion lately to him he denied it.
    So its best to just not bothering your arse to vote any more

Those lads are so bent they could hide behind an S-hook.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Lads lets be realistic here. Enda fúcking Kenny is no more running this country than I am.

Between the public sector Unions, Merkel and Sarkozy he has about as much say in the running of this country as Steven Hawking has control over his body.

The sad thing is the stupid fúckin moron is letting on he's on top of things and is in charge. The cúnt is making my skin crawl even more so than Bertie and Cowen.

If i ever meet the man i'll do time, he's the worse kind of politician a slithering sneaking one.

Politicians and public servants are dead in this country and have been for absolute decades, the whole entire thing needs a complete over haul.

Lads lets be realistic here. Enda fúcking Kenny is no more running this country than I am.

Between the public sector Unions, Merkel and Sarkozy he has about as much say in the running of this country as Steven Hawking has control over his body.

The sad thing is the stupid fúckin moron is letting on he's on top of things and is in charge. The cúnt is making my skin crawl even more so than Bertie and Cowen.

If i ever meet the man i'll do time, he's the worse kind of politician a slithering sneaking one.

Politicians and public servants are dead in this country and have been for absolute decades, the whole entire thing needs a complete over haul.

At 168k a year, he's doing alright as a puppet of Merkel!
    A lot more in the country would be willing to let her pull their strings for that money! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement