Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap monitor,case, and DP to Dvi .?

Options
  • 04-12-2011 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭

Couple of quick questions,

Cheap monitors for a multi-screen setup, could I do any better than this taking into account that I'm going to be getting them at separate times over then next few weeks and amazon have free delivery. Looking at 19" max as when you plant them beside each other they take up a good bit of space.

Also the Antec Three Hundred . Yeah/No.? Looking to fit a 5870 into it, and budget keeping me around the 50e mark.

And finally running a 3rd monitor from the display port, I presume its this one I'm looking for, just thought I would ask as their are a lot pf people on other forums ending up with the wrong adapters.

Simple questions really, but I'v spent longer looking at monitors and cases than I did looking at everything else. It's not as straight forward as I thought and I nearly had a monitor with just vga ordered at one stage :confused: Trying to do it as cheap as possible too which dose not help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭EoghanConway

k.p.h wrote: »
    And finally running a 3rd monitor from the display port, I presume its this one I'm looking for, just thought I would ask as their are a lot pf people on other forums ending up with the wrong adapters.

Ouch, some price. Consider HDMI instead of DVI? Less bulky too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

BitFenix Alpha/Beta is a pretty good case, I have a very long triple fan 6950 in mine and it fits fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

k.p.h wrote: »

Yep, that's the one.
    Ouch, some price. Consider HDMI instead of DVI? Less bulky too.

That won't work. I haven't seen any DP->HDMI that work actually, so you would probably need the one above + DVI->HDMI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

If you don't already have a GPU then look at Sapphire's FLEX version cards. Like this one:
    Sapphire FLEX 6870

They already have the active adaptor circuitry built in and the supply the connector adaptor also. This means I can run three monitors off it and eyefinity in games. I think I'll be ordering one next week as soon as it's back in stock to use in my build.

Anyone here have any experience with them?

Advertisement