Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rock am ring/rock im park 2012

Options
  • 04-12-2011 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭

It's that time again! Metallica and Die Toten Hosen have been confirmed for these sister festivals.
    METALLICA AS THE MAIN GROUP FOR RING AND PARK

Triumphant return performance with the Black album in its entirety confirms
    participation in Germany's fifth most popular festivals
    Die Toten Hosen the 30-year anniversary band on the ring and in the park
    This is the absolute sensation of the festival season 2012: Metallica have now confirmed that it the number of participants for Rock am Ring and Rock im Park from the first - 3 June will lead. With its exclusive appearance, the fifth most popular in Germany open airs at all, the band plays their best-selling album , Metallica ' , better known as The Black Album ' , in its entirety.
    Metallica had been rocked in the years 1999, 2003, 2006 and 2008 ring and parking. , The Black Album 'reached number 1 in over 25 countries and spawned five hit singles incredible,' Enter Sandman ',' Sad But True ',' Wherever I May Roam ',' Nothing Else Matters 'and' The Unforgiven '. The CD's worldwide with a circulation of 25 million. Metallica have a total of more than 100 million albums sold.
    Marek and Andre Lieber Berg commented on the return of Metallica to the ring and into the park euphoric: "This is the best message for all Ring and Park rockers We look forward to a memorable performance by Metallica and one of the best rock albums of all time. "
    Before Metallica was already Germany's superior formation, Die Toten Hosen , their commitment to Rock am Ring and Rock im Park given. Die Toten Hosen consider the two open-air festivals as their personal playground. Now they are celebrating their 30th year anniversary band. In their five previous festival appearances they have always been able to put the ring and park rocker in absolute enthusiasm.
    For Rock am Ring and Rock im Park , more than 50,000 tickets were sold. The current ticket price level of 160, - € on the ring and 155, - € incl booking fee applies in the park, camping and parking until 15 January 2012.

Tickets €160 for RAM and €155 for RIP unless you already got your hands on the early bird tickets.

All other info can be found at....

http://www.rock-im-park.com/

http://www.rock-am-ring.com/

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Linkin Park, and Soundgarden have now been confirmed for next summer's Rock am Ring, and lead a host of new acts to be confirmed for the German festival.

U.S. rock group Linkin Park are set showcase their new studio album and play the first time in five years at the twin festivals of Rock am Ring and Rock Im Park.

Also confirmed today are Chris Cornell's Soundgarden, Canada's Billy Talent, disco-rockers Gossip, and The Offspring, who are all confirmed as German exclusive performances.

The new additions also include Skrillex, Jack Black's Tenacious D, Deicide, M.I.A., Dick Brave & the Backbeats, Guano Apes, Donots, Lexy & K-Paul, Kasabian, The Subways, Enter Shikari, Motorhead, Marilyn Manson, Machine Head, Killswitch Engage, and Opeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Sound f'ing Garden baby...ticket bought.

Offspring, tenacious d, opeth all on top of metallica too....not even linkin park ruins it.

Anyone been to this before? Outside of ticket how much does it usually cost approx?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

I'm guessing Soundgarden are the second headliners, but are Linkin Park the third?

I was really hoping Sabbath would be announced for this given that they seem to have a few days off when this is on and are playing in Germany anyway a couple of days after it.

Still holding out for Mastodon as well.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The 3 headliners are Linkin Park , Die Toten Hosen and Metallica

• Advertisement

Anyone know if this sells out fast? May need tojig the finances a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Mushy wrote: »
    Anyone know if this sells out fast? May need tojig the finances a bit.

Rock am ring will sell out a lot quicker.
    Happy enough with the bands announced so far so hoping for a return to the park next year :D

zhaomi wrote: »
    Yes,I think so.g.php

Am I missing something with the attachment?

Los, would it be sold out by February?? Rock im Park that is.

The 3 headliners are Linkin Park , Die Toten Hosen and Metallica

Why, oh why are Linkin Park still considered headlining material in this day and age :confused:

Am I missing something with the attachment?

Los, would it be sold out by February?? Rock im Park that is.

nah don't think so, rock am ring might sell out end of march-ish, might be able to get rock im park tickets still in april/may. I think they do update the festival website to say <however many> tickets left coming closer to the time. If I'm going which I probably will, I won't be getting tickets for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

Rock Am Ring always sells out - but rock am park dont think so.

Usually by early March it is sold out - i live about 90 mins from it and is great. Bring in your own litre of vodka/rum with you. But not very tolerant to smoke in that part of Germany...

Got a card with a message saying Happy Rock im Park from the parents this morning. Sorted:-D

Got a card with a message saying Happy Rock im Park from the parents this morning. Sorted:-D

I got some monies from the parents

instantly- I know what I'm spending this on :D

Does anyone here know if dundrum gift cards can be used on aer lingus so to avoid the booking charge on cred card?

Was also reminded of best way to get there. Fly to munich, then get the bayer card which allows 5 people on a train within bavaria for one day for €25.

Does anyone here know if dundrum gift cards can be used on aer lingus so to avoid the booking charge on cred card?

I don't think they work. Aer Lingus are very picky about the type of cards that will get you off on paying the booking charge. I think it is only some tyoe of Visa card that only works, and they are a pain in the ass to sign up for as I discovered last year.

I don't think they work. Aer Lingus are very picky about the type of cards that will get you off on paying the booking charge. I think it is only some tyoe of Visa card that only works, and they are a pain in the ass to sign up for as I discovered last year.

Pricks!

The reaction of the Ring and Park rockers on the program for 2012, with Metallica , the Toten Hosen and Linkin Park at the tip could not have been euphoric. Five months before the start of Germany's most popular open air festivals of 1 to 3 June are already sold over 100,000 tickets. Before the next price level on 16 January occurs, the tickets are Rock am Ring in short supply, while demand for Rock in the Park is significantly higher than in previous years. On the first weekend in June at the two locations at the Nurburgring and Nuremberg each have 85 bands on three stages . act In addition to more than two dozen artists already confirmed to be announced soon more attractive acts. From the 16th January increased the ticket price for Rock am Ring at 175, - € and for rock in the park on 160, - € including any fees, camping and parking, and garbage deposit repayable at 5, - €. The new price level is valid until 15 March.

Prices up next week until March, which kinda sucks. And selling well, so may have to be well organised this year.

The reaction of the Ring and Park rockers on the program for 2012, with Metallica , the Toten Hosen and Linkin Park at the tip could not have been euphoric. Five months before the start of Germany's most popular open air festivals of 1 to 3 June are already sold over 100,000 tickets. Before the next price level on 16 January occurs, the tickets are Rock am Ring in short supply, while demand for Rock in the Park is significantly higher than in previous years. On the first weekend in June at the two locations at the Nurburgring and Nuremberg each have 85 bands on three stages . act In addition to more than two dozen artists already confirmed to be announced soon more attractive acts. From the 16th January increased the ticket price for Rock am Ring at 175, - € and for rock in the park on 160, - € including any fees, camping and parking, and garbage deposit repayable at 5, - €. The new price level is valid until 15 March.

Prices up next week until March, which kinda sucks. And selling well, so may have to be well organised this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Can't believe the price of it now compared to €110 or so when I first went over in 2008... still great value compared to a fest over here but it all ads up with flights etc. Glad I got to go when it was cheaper!

yikes that's quite a hike especially for rock am ring. Flights are dear enough too at the minute, not impressed.

Didn't know about that bayer card before, that's certainly a lot cheaper for trains than I've paid before.

• Advertisement

--LOS-- wrote: »
    yikes that's quite a hike especially for rock am ring. Flights are dear enough too at the minute, not impressed.

Didn't know about that bayer card before, that's certainly a lot cheaper for trains than I've paid before.

Yeah thank christ I saw it. Gonna get tickets in next few days. Flying from Cork to Munich on the Thursday, train to Nuremburg is 2.5 hours but cheap(its local trains only). Then fly back to Dublin on the Monday.

Tickets bought anyway. €35 for postage is a rip off, but couldnt do collection

Tickets bought anyway. €35 for postage is a rip off, but couldnt do collection

wait what now? how is it 35 euro for postage?

On mainticket.de, when chose collection, it showed up in Wurzburg, when chose postage, I couldn't select Ireland. Onto eventim.de, it wouldn't allow collection, so obviously had to choose world postage and put in Ireland. Says they'll be delivered with 2-3 days worldwide, and think they dispatched!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I remember the first year I did that. Think here does cheaper delivery but doesn't have Ireland as a choice. I emailed them after ordering with full address and was no problem!

Ah damn it. Oh well tis all done now, least I got them before price went up too.

Tickets arrived today. Flights should be booked this week too and thats the most important stuff sorted. Then a few months to save for a hotel.

Rock Am Ring is Sold Out:

http://www.rock-im-park.com/news/rock-am-ring-funf-monate-vor-start-ausverkauft.html
    All 85 000 tickets sold out
    for Nuremberg there are still tickets
    Rock in the Park sets new record
    With the sale of all 85 000 tickets have been Rock am Ring made ​​his pre-eminence as the most popular German festival emphatically demonstrated. Just five months before the start of three days of events from 1 to 3 June at the Nurburgring all tickets were sold out. A sensational line-up with Metallica , the Toten Hosen and Linkin Park on its head, had rekindled the enthusiasm of the fans. For the twin festival Rock im Park , which is also at record levels, there are still tickets available. As in the past demonstrate ring and park their strength with outstanding headliners, a variety of top bands and an attractive, wide-ranging offer from all areas of modern rock. Is at the epicenter of the interest, of course, the triumphant return of Metallica with the performance of their "Black Album" in its entirety. Die Toten Hosen open the ring and in the park a new, highly anticipated live-cycle, while Linkin Park as one of the outstanding U.S. rock group after five years storm first time in the Eifel and the Zeppelin Field. The Ring and Park rockers allowed to highlights such as the reunited Soundgarden, Billy Talent, Gossip, The Offspring and Tenacious D look forward to. Skrillex is as an emerging global superstar of electronic music . Kasabian, The Subways and Enter Shikari are among the most colorful British formations. Who has written Hard & Heavy on its banners is to Motorhead, Marilyn Manson, Machine Head, Killswitch Engage and Opeth forward. National bands are, as always, an important contingent. 2012, Deicide, MIA., Dick Brave & the Backbeats, Guano Apes, Donots and Lexy & K-Paul with the party. At the festival's three days a total of 85 bands on three stages operate. Tickets for Rock the Park currently cost 160, - € including any fees, camping and parking as well as refundable waste deposit in the amount of 5, - €. The price level is still valid until 15 March.

Holy sh!t that was quick! Better get my tickets sorted for the park soon.

• Advertisement

Yeah can sense the shock/surprise/delight. Means a lot more sales will be going the Parks way now, and quicker.

Advertisement