Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rock am ring/rock im park 2012

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Shite! I really didn't think they would sell out that fast. I'm gutted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Shite! I really didn't think they would sell out that fast. I'm gutted now.

Would RIP not be an option? I found it easier to get to.

Mushy wrote: »
    Would RIP not be an option? I found it easier to get to.

Well worth looking into at least now I'd say. Had my heart set on RAR though.

Well worth looking into at least now I'd say. Had my heart set on RAR though.

Ah sure same thing. I nearly changed to going to RAR then saw/thought it more difficult to get there so went with RIP. Fly to Munich (I'm getting train to Cork and flying from there), then train to Nuremburg (€29 cos of a Bayern card they have...5 people it covers for the day on local trains). Then repeat for coming home bar I'm flying into Dublin. Plus the tickets are cheaper.

Hey whats the best station to go to when going to the festival? I assume the Frankenstadion one is best?Don't wanna book a hotel then find out takes ages to get there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Hey whats the best station to go to when going to the festival? I assume the Frankenstadion one is best?Don't wanna book a hotel then find out takes ages to get there.

RAR?? I've only ever gone to the train station in Koblenz. There is a bus from there to the fest. that costs €10 return, it runs on all days of the fest. as far as I remember.

Sorry meant RIP. Just meant for within Nuremburg.

Just in case anyone is debating whether to go to Rock Im Park, there are only 2,671 tickets left. Could be worth getting a move on, these will be gone in the next few days, if even that.

Sorted out my tickets for Rock Am Ring last week through ebay. Gonna be a great way to celebrate finishing up my degree :D

Both events are now sold out!

• Advertisement

Day splits announced

429827_10150609638639480_262012829479_8994544_1035909570_n.jpg

Only 3 weeks till I head off for this now, getting really excited. Just found out now that the time splits have been done (probably done a while).

http://www.rock-im-park.com/spielplan

Only clashes/part-clashes for me are:

Metallica/The Hives
    Soundgarden/Machine Head
    Kasabian/Killswitch Engage
    Cypress Hill/Lamb of God

Can't win 'em all I guess. Tis great seeing Mastodon and Opeth on at 1am, and Ghost will be on long after the Offspring. Looks like spending most of my time at the 3rd stage then.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Only 3 weeks till I head off for this now, getting really excited. Just found out now that the time splits have been done (probably done a while).

http://www.rock-im-park.com/spielplan

Only clashes/part-clashes for me are:

Metallica/The Hives
    Soundgarden/Machine Head
    Kasabian/Killswitch Engage
    Cypress Hill/Lamb of God

Can't win 'em all I guess. Tis great seeing Mastodon and Opeth on at 1am, and Ghost will be on long after the Offspring. Looks like spending most of my time at the 3rd stage then.

Tough choice on the last one ha

Think I'm gonna be watching all of them, just not full sets obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Very jealous of everybody at this today :(

Will be making do with the live stream from rock am ring myself, starts at 6.

http://www.swr3.de/specials/rockamring/livestream/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Tribes opening the Centerstage

182137_10151014058909880_136034339879_12152150_1125287397_n.jpg

Steel Panter on the Alternatsage

553400_10151014061489880_865905181_n.jpg

179130_10151014062664880_788433773_n.jpg

lol nice backdrop :D

doh! I forgot about the time difference (germany an hour ahead). Killswitch engage just finishing up their set at the minute.

Just in the door now from RIP. Saw a lot of bands, some great sets but will update when I have more time.

Advertisement