Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I swap sim card from Vodafone IPhone 4 to Meteor Galaxy II?

Options
  • 04-12-2011 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭

Hi there

my mom wants an iphone and i hate mine (IP4) - she is considering changing from pay as you go to bill pay and I'm hoping this can get me a new phone on the cheap!

If she signs up with Meteor and gets the Samsung Galxy II (I'll be paying for it) - can me and her just swap sims then so I can use the Samsung and forever relieve myself of the sick pain of dealing with itunes?

Or do I need to consider more than just the sim swap?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

Hi there

my mom wants an iphone and i hate mine (IP4) - she is considering changing from pay as you go to bill pay and I'm hoping this can get me a new phone on the cheap!

If she signs up with Meteor and gets the Samsung Galxy II (I'll be paying for it) - can me and her just swap sims then so I can use the Samsung and forever relieve myself of the sick pain of dealing with itunes?

Or do I need to consider more than just the sim swap?

There will if I am not mistaken be 2 issues, first the iPhone 4 uses a micro sim, I think the Samsung uses a standard sim, if so then the Samsung sim would need to be cut down to fit the iPhone and an adapter will be required for the Samsung, or you will need to request from each operator the correct sim.

The second problem is the meteor phone will be network locked, the iPhone I am also assuming is network locked so you will have to request an unlock from Vodafone which will depend on how long you have had it if on bill pay and spend on per pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

good stuff - i assume they don't give a crap as long as i just continue to pay my bill? I mean whether I use the phone or not i assume both companies are just happy to have people locked into 20 month contracts?

Advertisement