Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Gaming and Console Gaming

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Gaming laptops?

Be realistic, cost wise, barely a fraction of people will have one as compared a console.

For one, can't remember you ever bringing one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭BeefyS

depends on the game.

fps, rts and any game that plays better with a keyboard and mouse the PC is obviously better for.
    fighting games, racing games and pretty much any social games (pro evo, fight night, mario kart etc.) then a console is the better choice. PCs obviously have a social aspect to them but I think its different to consoles

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

BeefyS wrote: »
    depends on the game.

fps, rts and any game that plays better with a keyboard and mouse the PC is obviously better for.
    fighting games, racing games and pretty much any social games (pro evo, fight night, mario kart etc.) then a console is the better choice. PCs obviously have a social aspect to them but I think its different to consoles
    Racing is much better on PC, consoles make arcade racers all the best sims are on PC.
    Mainly because it's nothing to do with networks, (tournament level fg play CANNOT be over a network, has to be local, dropping a single frame can be a missed combo, and regardless every single modern fighter is played on one machine) and the main point was about mobility.
    I don't understand any of that but I begrudgingly concede the point.

Another big difference between PC enthusiasts and consolers is the PC guys have often built their PC and gave it life so we're much more emotionally attached to our machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

As a laptop gamer, nothing beats that for convenience. I have the movie library of the world, all the latest TV shows, music AND games wherever I sit my ass down with WIFI. Nothing beats this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

gizmo wrote: »
    Everytime I see that image being used I wonder did people actually get the point he was trying to make or just dribble excitedly when they heard "PC gaming master race". :pac:

PC gamers are BEE GEE's ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Greyfox

You would play them on the system you already own. All that matters is the games that each individual wants to play and if those games are on console and not PC then consoles have a big advantage over pc and if your more into pc games then pc has the advantage. Talk of one been better than the other would be nonsense, PCs and consoles each have advantages and disadvantages

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

^^

Advertisement