Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple File uploads with php

Options
  • 04-12-2011 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm designing a php form that requires people to upload several different files to a server.

All I'm doing at the moment - is asking the user to choose a file with

<input type = "file" ...

and then echoing the filenames back out, there is no uploading taking place just yet.

There are four of these file input boxes. When one is chosen, everything works fine. But if two files are chosen ( in separete input boxes) then I get an error which says that the web page is unavailable or has been interrupted.

Anyone any ideas? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Hi all,

I'm designing a php form that requires people to upload several different files to a server.

All I'm doing at the moment - is asking the user to choose a file with

<input type = "file" ...

and then echoing the filenames back out, there is no uploading taking place just yet.

There are four of these file input boxes. When one is chosen, everything works fine. But if two files are chosen ( in separete input boxes) then I get an error which says that the web page is unavailable or has been interrupted.

Anyone any ideas? Thanks

Have you different names on the input boxes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,574 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

also is all the inputs contained within the fieldset of the form?

could you post up an example otherwise all anyone can do here is second guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Are you using an array variable name? eg. myfiles[]?

Alternatively there is a jquery plugin that I used myself recently and it's pretty decent.

http://www.fyneworks.com/jquery/multiple-file-upload/

Advertisement