Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Shuttle Buses

Options
  • 04-12-2011 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

Any experience with these? How early would you want to be at the busstop to make sure you get to the rds on time?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

They're a divil. Particularly later on in the evening.. very unreliable. :/
    I'd head to the 39A bus stop a good 40 minutes before the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,011 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I've never bothered with the bus. It really isn't that far to walk, and you can't get lost since you can just follow everyone else going in the same direction.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

It takes 30 minutes to walk it, which is nearly faster than the bus if you take into account time spent walking to the bus stop, waiting for the bus (15 mins?), and sitting on the bus (15 mins?).

At least with walking you'll know exactly how long it'll take, regardless of traffic or how often buses are running. Plus it clears your head before the exam!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

I've never taken the bus it's far too unrealiable. Get the bus to donnybrook church and walk down well before time and abosrb the panic in the hall for an hour to help with your last minute study..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭MacieC

Those buses are a joke !
    They're never on time. Especially last year, it was such a mess, I waited for 3 hours and I never saw it coming. Honestly, better take the regular bus (I wouldn't advise you to walk since it's pretty cold).

Avoid this bus. Seriously, you don't wanna be late to your exam.

• Advertisement
Advertisement