Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday Pay Help

Options
  • 04-12-2011 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Hi

Sorry about this but I was hoping someone could help me. I work 4 days a week since the 29th Jan 11 and finishing up on Sunday 11th Dec, I have taken 9 days holidays in that time, I've also worked 17 extra days (don't know if this makes a difference).

Could anyone tell me how many days holidays I have left or tell me how I can figure it out? Worried that they might try something as they have done this to other people in the past.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

How many hours did you work on those days and what's your holiday allowance?

A rough calculation would look like this:
    Annual leave: 20 days a year or 1.67 a month
    Worked: 11 months
    Taken 9 days
    Entitlement: =1.67 * 11 - 9 = 9.37 days

Above is based on minimum time and full time employment but you can also calculate it as 8% of time instead (depending on the hours you've done).

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

Nody wrote: »
    How many hours did you work on those days and what's your holiday allowance?

A rough calculation would look like this:
    Annual leave: 20 days a year or 1.67 a month
    Worked: 11 months
    Taken 9 days
    Entitlement: =1.67 * 11 - 9 = 9.37 days

Above is based on minimum time and full time employment but you can also calculate it as 8% of time instead (depending on the hours you've done).

I work 7 & a half hours a day, don't know what my holiday allowance is, don't have a contract, the other 2 people doing the same job took at least 3 weeks this year but they do 5 days a week.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

OK, lets do some napkin calculations:
    7.5h a day * 20 * 0,8 = 120h a month worked
    120 * 11 = 1320h for the period
    1320h *0,08 - 9*7,5h = 38.1h left or slightly above 5 days.

The reason I say napkin calculations is because depending on your exact schedule at starting date that number might be slightly higher and the above also assumes all 9 days were working days and not including days you were scheduled off.

Now since this is your last week I'd approach your manager and simply ask him how many holidays you got left; if it sounds low then ask for a detailed breakdown for this year.

Advertisement