Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liga / Rusk's

Options
  • 04-12-2011 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭

My son is 5 and half months old. At the moment for breakfast he is having his bottle plus some banana cereal or orange cereal. I was looking for something different I can give him and cheaper! Is it to give a baby his age liga mashed with milk?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Try him on readybrek. It is basically ground down porridge oats. Just mix with his usual (warm)milk. You can add mashed banana or fruit purees too if you like.

I personally would try to avoid liga & rusks that young. They are quite sugary and they can get used to the sweetness and go off more savoury foods sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

Lola92 wrote: »
    Try him on readybrek. It is basically ground down porridge oats. Just mix with his usual (warm)milk. You can add mashed banana or fruit purees too if you like.

I personally would try to avoid liga & rusks that young. They are quite sugary and they can get used to the sweetness and go off more savoury foods sometimes.

Thanks for that, ill wait until he is 6 months

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Warm Weetabix, my Son loves it, has done from 6 months :)

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

My daughter is 7 months and I had been giving her baby cereal or rusk since she was about 5 months. This morning I discovered I had neither in the press so I tried her with Weetabix and she loved it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Porridge, toast, ready brek, weetabix and those baby brekkie pouches are all pretty good I think in the morning. They change habits so much at this age anyway that whats nice for them today they won't touch tomorrow!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

And is everybody using their usual milk as opposed to cow's milk?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

From 6 months I used cows milk in her breakfast, any sauces etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I would avoid ligas if your child is prone to nappy rash. My son had it very bad and after a chat with the phn realised it was the ligas causing it. Was the same with my sister in laws child.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Winnie wrote: »
    And is everybody using their usual milk as opposed to cow's milk?

Using the cow's milk for breakfast. Sometimes use it too when I puree vegetables if the mixture is a bit thick.

Advertisement