Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ash at the Garage London - last night!

Options
  • 04-12-2011 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

anyone at Ash in The Garage, London last night?

no?

well I sure as hell was. All the hits, packed to the rafters, ravenous crowd, sweaty, loud...glorious!

hung out with the lads after for a bit. After show parties must be pretty old for them at this stage but I'm delighted to report that they are lovely gentlemen and very warm indeed.

great night.

/end transmission

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

anyone at Ash in The Garage, London last night?

no?

well I sure as hell was. All the hits, packed to the rafters, ravenous crowd, sweaty, loud...glorious!

hung out with the lads after for a bit. After show parties must be pretty old for them at this stage but I'm delighted to report that they are lovely gentlemen and very warm indeed.

great night.

/end transmission

Best Irish band ever, hands down, no competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I missed them a few times this year when they played in Dublin through procrastination and being a weirdo and I'm kicking myself for not going to see them.

Just hoping they play the Olympia sometime soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

G-Money wrote: »
    I missed them a few times this year when they played in Dublin through procrastination and being a weirdo and I'm kicking myself for not going to see them.

Just hoping they play the Olympia sometime soon :)

I don't think they could sell out the Olympia, the academy gig was amazing, but it didn't sell out for a good while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

darryn wrote: »
    I don't think they could sell out the Olympia, the academy gig was amazing, but it didn't sell out for a good while

Hmmm, hard to know. I think the Olympia holds about 1600. Perhaps the Button Factory or something again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

the Academy is bigger than the Button Factory, I have to say they don't push the advertisement on their gigs and the quality of their shows should be enough to bring in extra people for a show in Vicar St or The Olympia - but I'd have no problem going to see them again in the Academy - good atmosphere, not the worst venue in the world - and a really class gig.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement