Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

forthcoming septic tank inspection

• 04-12-2011 6:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

Now it would be fair to say that most farmers would be classified as rural dwellers = fact.
    Now it would be fair to say that most members of the IFA would be classified as farmers = fact.
    So why is the IFA so quiet (apart from the usual PR releases) about the forthcoming septic tank inspection proposal?
    Or is it deja vu once one and the "Divide and conquer" strategy being adopted by our masters in lieu of the IFA being "bought off".
    The silence is defeaning.
    If this proposal sees the light of day then God help us all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

If farmers and rural dwellers are relying on a bunch of wannabee politicians in the IFA to fight their corner then we are well and truly f****d.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

Now it would be fair to say that most farmers would be classified as rural dwellers = fact.
    Now it would be fair to say that most members of the IFA would be classified as farmers = fact.
    So why is the IFA so quiet (apart from the usual PR releases) about the forthcoming septic tank inspection proposal?
    Or is it deja vu once one and the "Divide and conquer" strategy being adopted by our masters in lieu of the IFA being "bought off".

Que the IFA boys now abhorring the "bought off" qoute. Remember their strong "stance" on the Lisbon Treaty sell out?
    Time they started remembering where their bread is buttered or else become an embarrassment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

tanko wrote: »
    If farmers and rural dwellers are relying on a bunch of wannabee politicians in the IFA to fight their corner then we are well and truly f****d.
    Unfortunately a lot of farmers have subcontracted their thought processes and 5-year stategies to the IFA for some time now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭rancher

Being very well looked after by IFA thanks very much,,,,,, are you not?.....sad

If the septic tank charge is all we have to worry about tomorrow we'll be lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭funny man

it would also be fair to say that not all rural dwellers would be classified as farmers = fact.
    And it would also would be fair to say that the IFA is an organisation that represents most farmers = fact.
    IFA has not been quiet on the septic tank inspection they have and are fighting a recurring registration charge and i feel they have gone too far by looking for a retro-fit grant to put septic tanks right.
    So get the facts right, the only reason you look to the IFA because you recongnise the strenght of this FARMING body.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Anyone know what exactly is the inspection?
    What do they do, how do they test it and what can go wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

Im not a member of IFA anymore because I am not happy with their work for farmers compared to their french counterparts for example.
    I gave up years ago when I asked them to look into a problem I had with the department of ag and they told me nothing could be done. yet when I got onto
    the ombudsman he sorted it out within two weeks
    Had them call every year or so since looking for my membership telling me all the money I could save but the answer is and will be no until I see them do something major for irish farming.

Advertisement