Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

An idea - For alittle fun!

• 04-12-2011 6:32pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭

An idea struck me earlier on today while at work. I feel compelled to share it, for a little fun in creativity and writing. I was thinking of a facebook photo on my profile with me wearing a hat resembling what you would see a Russian police officer wearing. Over time I started to think of a story to go with it and by my own standards, it became alittle outragous.

What is the idea that spawned from this madness? :P Go to Google and stick in any random search term of your own choice (Humorous, Scenery, Historical, Anything really), then search images and grab a totally random photo. With your image or photo of random selection, the idea is to write a random story. Of course, you can write what you please. So if it generates interest and people what to share, then post a story and image that inspired for a bit of entertainment.

I'll produce something in a day or two to illustrate my bizzare thoughts and it's related image.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Toasterspark

Actually, this would be a great idea for the Variations On A Theme contest - get a random picture from Google and everyone writes their story based around the picture.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Actually, that sounds like a pretty good idea. I don't think I'll be putting my work into competitions just yet. I need a little more refinement :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29 tbfrance11

Nice idea! Now I have something to do to fight boredom. Thanks man! Will be searching and writing in a bit. ;) Hope my braincells and creativity work this time LOL

Advertisement