Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying TV in Sligo/Enniskillen

Options
  • 04-12-2011 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi folks...

Any tips, recommendations, where to buy a big enough TV to use with Wii games?

I'd prefer to but local, but I'm up for going north if there is a big price difference.

I know nada about what is required.

I suppose 26" screen, has to be able to be used in ROI. Also the free to air packages?

Oh also, are there any high street stores, and/or reliable web stores doing package deals on TV's and Wii..... Christmas eh!....

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

If you're able to fit it,go for a 32,26 inch tvs are practically the same price.
    Taheny's on market street have a good selection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

i bought a 32 inch flatscreen lately, i looked at going north to do it, no difference in price when cost of trip taken into account, was cheaper to get it here in sligo actually, got it in curry's up in the business centre, good selection, tahneys, argos and expert electric have good stock too. went for a sony, great quality and picture very happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭OhYesItIs

thanks folk...sound advice.

Let us know how you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

OhYesItIs wrote: »
    Hi folks...

Any tips, recommendations, where to buy a big enough TV to use with Wii games?
    I just bought a Samsung 32" LED HDTV in Expert Electrical for €499. Seems to be very good quality picture and sound, have already used it for TV, Blu-Ray and Wii, and all look good on it.

Always a good idea to try and keep your Euro local, helps out the local economy and therefore all of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

TheQ47 wrote: »
    I just bought a Samsung 32" LED HDTV in Expert Electrical for €499. Seems to be very good quality picture and sound, have already used it for TV, Blu-Ray and Wii, and all look good on it.

Always a good idea to try and keep your Euro local, helps out the local economy and therefore all of us.
    I agree. And also anyone buying anything electrical in NI should read the warranty before purchase. Some manufacturers do not support warranties outside the jurisdiction where they are bought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭OhYesItIs

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Let us know how you get on

Cheers for the info guys...

Plenty to choose from, checked out Tahenys and Currys, both have a good selection and good prices...I can see no reason to shop elsewhere.

Aint bought just yet, but its really down to the spec on whats available. Plenty to choose from, I'll be buying local for sure.

Recently got a new tv myself, splashed out on a nice 40 inch Philips

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭mistermouse

If buying in the North, you need to factor in things like Saorview, most UK TVs are mpeg 2 while here will be Mpeg4, a better option. You may find yourself needing to get a separate Saorview Box which means using another remote and using up another connection on the back.

Its not really an issue if its purely for Games use, but down the line you may want to get Southern Digital TV reception.

Also worth noting that the mid range sizes of TVs are often priced very closely as they are more popular. As said above sometimes moving up a few inches in size works out reasonable for the benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 karlalb10n

As said above sometimes moving up a few inches in size works out reasonable for the benefits.

Ooooh Matron!

• Advertisement
Advertisement