Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meet people in Dublin

Options
  • 04-12-2011 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi! :D
    I'm new in the forum, my name's Carla and Im from Barcelona, Spain but now I'm living in Dublin, I arrived three months ago in Ireland when I was eighteen (now I'm recently nineteen) and I was working as AuPair, but since two weeks ago I moved and I'm living here in Dublin. I know that a lot of people ask this before but I couldn't found much information so I want to try again :p
    Well, I have no much friends here, the problem is that normaly I only meet a guys and when I try to be her friend her show me that this is not a option I normally get better with guys (in Barcelona I studied cinema and the most part are guys and this is not a problem, normally...) but here its completely impossible, well the truth thats its never possible! one day I meet with my hairdresser thinking that he was gay (yes, I know its some strange but when he ask me for meet us I said why not?) I was very happy that finnally I found a guy that don't try to flirt whith me and when we meet us he try to kiss me :( And I'm losing my best friend here because hes some strange and sad with me since that he knew that "I went" with one of her friends (sorry I don't know how say in english) so definitely he don't want to be only friend too (really was a surprise as well) :eek:
    I have some friend girls (I have one that I like her very much and its great be with her :D hes great) but normally I see that we don't get well, I'm not this kind of girls that give hugs, go to shopping together (I hate shooping) and who scream easly.
    Well, how you can see really I need friends because Im telling all this bored slang here that don't interest anybody sorry for that but I want to ask its if you know how I can meet people because I really need it and I will be here this Christmas, my first alone and it will be very sad.
    If its useful my interest are cinema, theather, languages, sports, music, dance and books. So I want to meet people with this interest and with the same range of age like me.
    P.D.Really sorry for my english Im working in that! XD and I'm too lazy for take a look to the translater so sorry again!:rolleyes:
    Thank you very much! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 BrazIrish

Hi Carla
    I'm Brazilian and at the same situation, it's a bit hard to make friends in Dublin but once you are working/ studying, it's gonna happen ;)
    This groups seems to be very nice as well, I am not active here but I read it every single day (which is good to practice your English as well).
    There are weekly meetings in Dublin, those are good to meet people and if you want we can meet up someday for a drink, coffee, cinema or something. I share some of your interest and don't worry, I won't flirt you, I've got a gf :)

hope to see you around

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

BrazIrish wrote: »
    if you want we can meet up someday for a drink, I won't flirt you, I've got a gf :)

BrazIrish you are one lucky guy,i know alot of women would not be very happy about their boyfriend meeting strange women for drinks lol

I know if i found out my gf was meeting men off a forum for drinks and such we would be having a talk about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 BrazIrish

CyberJuice wrote: »
    BrazIrish you are one lucky guy,i know alot of women would not be very happy about their boyfriend meeting strange women for drinks lol

I know if i found out my gf was meeting men off a forum for drinks and such we would be having a talk about it :)

Got to say I am really lucky LOL
    I know it's hard but we do really trust each other, she's currently living in the UK because she didn't find a job in Dublin so far... so we keep our lives and meet whenever we can. In january I am skiing with two female friends and she won't be able to make it :(
    On the other hand in february she's heading to Australia and I can't be make it :/
    I think we are a bit selfish about ouselves...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭overshoot

as brazirish said, if you hang around boards your english will improve. the grammar nazis will generally keep people's english to a decent standard too.
    plenty of the forums also have beer nights or other social events every so often, so it could be a chance to meet people that way.
    if you tell us what part of dublin your in it would help, someone could probably point out something in the area for you
    if you like playing sports join some teams/clubs. for football(soccer not gaelic) there are 3 dublin teams playing in the Women's National League (its in its first year not much of a league yet) raheny (dublin 5), shamrock rovers (tallaght) and peamount united (south west dublin), im sure they would always be open to new players. (and im sure there are more than 3 womens teams in dublin, but they might be able to direct you to a team nearer you)
    search some book/dance clubs for whatever area you are in too.
    anyway thats my input for a student in dublin trying to avoid college work.

Advertisement