Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash!!!---Need a bit of help.

Options
  • 04-12-2011 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

So im doing a project for college in flash. Its a simple project.
    1. the entry page in which there is one button pic3

2. a map of ireland split into 5 regions each of which is a button pic4

3,4,5,6 and 7 are the individual regions ,2 buttons and an audio clip of an old woman saying some adage about the weather.

my problem is that the second button(what?) which is supposed to go back to the start of the region label and replay, is not playing the sound. the code is functional and when i swap out the name of the label for another it will go there and work. pic5,6,7

Ive changed actionscript so that it says gotoandPlay and put the actionscript in the last frame of the label.

i think ive tried most things i can think of and im gone mad looking at it :mad:, so any help at all would be much appreciated.

If anybody wants the fla. file please just pm me and ill send it onto you

By the way Im aware of the irony of creating a simulation of an iphone app in flash.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

jimmymal wrote: »
    By the way Im aware of the irony of creating a simulation of an iphone app in flash.

Flash can exports as an app. There is no irony.

your best bet is to attach your .fla file tbh. I can't see enough info in the pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭jimmymal

im...LOST wrote: »
    Flash can exports as an app. There is no irony.

your best bet is to attach your .fla file tbh. I can't see enough info in the pics.

oh right, didnt realize you could use export flash for use on an iphone, thought it would always be flash and that iphone and ipad didnt support it.

ive tried to upload the swf file as its under 1 mb and its not recognized on boards, the fla file is 11mb and compressed is 3mb.

any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭jimmymal

Managed to solve the issue by putting in a blank keyframe before each regional label and directing the button to go there instead of the start of the region label.
    The blank keyframe has actionscript to play(); and so it plays into the region label and plays the audio clip again.

Still dont know why the first method wouldn't work but thanks for the reply im LOST

Advertisement