Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you getting your OH for christmas?

Options
  • 04-12-2011 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

So lads, I had a quick search around for other threads like this and didn't find anything.

I'm a little stuck for ideas as she basically doesn't want anything apart from 2 things her mom has already bought her, so I said I'll ask here and see if anyone else is in the same situation or if anyone has some genius ideas!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

OK. ..give us an idea of budget and I'm sure they'll be plenty of suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

A weekend away for the pair of yiz? Cork, Galway, Belfast (my own favourite) are good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Moved from tGC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

agreed on a limit of 75ish as the pair of us are broke at the moment! Also a weekend away is out of the question we're both a bit too busy :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Maybe a voucher for a spa, most women like a bit of pampering:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭beeroclock

Boxset, vouchers (dont kill me for suggesting that), perfume, spa treatment thingy, holiday ..

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

What interests does she have or what does she generally like to buy..??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

She has enough perfume to fill a bathtub anyway... might take a look into the spa idea alright. I'd get jewellery only I got her some for her birthday which was recent enough! Doesn't want any boxsets/books etc. that are out yet. She doesn't really buy much, we're both fairly impoverished students!
    Having been out shopping with her the odd time it's safe to say I'd have NO idea whether or not she'd like something if I were to try and get clothes/shoes etc. and I don't like the idea of a voucher, it's a bit half arsed in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Digital camera? Lots of v good but cheap ones out there now...practical for nights out /weddings/birthdays etc....or a handbag?....if she has a smart phone, what about a decent mini speaker to play her songs ....if that's too practical, then to a mix of small practical presents with some girlie stuff....where does she get her hair done? ...voucher for there would be really appreciated...then get her something small for the day like the mini speaker?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nownowtubs

Headphones are a good price in HMV at the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Nice bits in Boots you can personalise with pictures, pens, tree decorations etc.

Boots have a great Soap and Glory set on sale this week for 30 quid that's normally 80 and has loads of nice things in it, also check out lush for lovely stuff!

Forever 21 has cheap but cute jewellery if you didn't want to invest in something more expensive if you're not sure what she wants

Cool Moleskin Diaries for passions as well if she loves films, books etc.
    http://www.moleskine.co.uk/products/notebooks/passions/

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭jimmydkid

Tickets for a comedy gig

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

im looking for something for my wife... were in Cork so factor that in. looking to go away for a night away from the 2 kids ( age 1.5 and 2->3 :)). Would be my wifes first night away from them....bar when she was in hospital having no2. any recommendations / good deals on. Had a look at INEC as we are west 50 mins from killarney but nothing much of interst on in Jan. ( except dara o brian but thats our daughters birthday weekend party etc...she will be 3)
    also watching the few bob so any advice appreciated...
    sorry for high jacking thread OP

Advertisement