Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Definition of a bad day

• 04-12-2011 8:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

So....

Went to sleep after 5.30 this morning, up at 8.20 this morning to go to work for a 9hr shift.

Get into work to find both the coffee machine and the water boiler are broken, as well as the sky box on the blink.

The girlfriend arrives in at about 10.15-30. A lovely small dog has followed her from the apt to the front door of work. she brings me out to see the dog and it is a very affectionate dog. playing with the dog for about 30 seconds and it decides to run onto the street..... it didn't stand a chance, the car had no way of avoiding the dog, BUT why didn't the car stop.

Picking the poor dog up off the ground with traffic backed up on the street is about the hardest thing i've ever had too do, all the while the girlfriend was in histerics.

please tell me other people have had just as bad days

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

You should have went to bed earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Worse day for the dog, in fairness :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

Coffee and sky in work sounds great (when its working)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

I was in hiroshima

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

John Doe1 wrote: »
    I was in hiroshima

This guy has you beat...
    A resident of Nagasaki, Yamaguchi was in Hiroshima on business for his employer Mitsubishi Heavy Industries when the city was bombed at 8:15am on August 6, 1945. The following day he returned to Nagasaki and, despite his wounds, returned to work on August 9, the day of the second atomic bombing. In 1957 he was recognized as a hibakusha (explosion-affected person) of the Nagasaki bombing, but it was not until March 24, 2009 that the government of Japan officially recognised his presence in Hiroshima three days earlier. He died of stomach cancer on January 4, 2010.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

I was so hungover this morning I started coughing and got sick on myself, proper sick all over the place. I'm falling apart. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭beeroclock

Listening to James Blunt singing cause ya had a bad day, is a bad day for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

A few weeks ago I had a seizure. Now I'm stuck with the effects for the rest of my life. I think you'll both get over the dog:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

The poor dog. On the other hand, no sky box? Ya poor bastard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Well job done....

Some how half of ya put a smile on my face

Thanks

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Your girlfriend could have dumped you for another guy, or ran out in front of a car herself... this seriously one of your worst days ever?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

there's always someone worse off than you OP, and they'll ****in tell you about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

there's always someone worse off than you OP, and they'll ****in tell you about it!
    If he can tell us we can tell him!!!

Once my girlfriend dumped me for another guy, then she accidentaly ran out in front of a car, then later that day the americans dropped a nuke on my head! I was in Japan at the time.

Yeh, that was a really bad day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Andy!! wrote: »
    Once my girlfriend dumped me for another guy, then she accidentaly ran out in front of a car, then later that day the americans dropped a nuke on my head! I was in Japan at the time.

Yeh, that was a really bad day.

nah that's nothing.

that'd be a good day for me. my boyfriend dumped for me a guy, then i accidentally ran in front of a truck, then later that day the world exploded. now that was a bad day :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

i fell on my arse in the garden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

See theres no set definition we all have a bad day in a different way

lil'bug wins. So suck it up OP! ;P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Different strokes, it takes, diffrent strokes it takes, different strokes to fùck up your day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

i bou a paor a nw adiddaz trackies nd rppd dem climbn ova a fence..... wst dy eva mon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

beeroclock wrote: »

Why would James Blunt be singing a Daniel Powter song??

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I just didn't leave the house. That was your mistake OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I arrived home at 8am, straight to bed and I only just got up. I had a nice peaceful day.

Did the dog die?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Where do you work, OP, that has a Sky box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

lil'bug wrote: »
    i fell on my arse in the garden
    so your arse was in the garden and you fell on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

i was having a **** in my bedroom when i was bout 13 and a wasp flew in the window landed on my dick and stung me now that was a really bad day.
    Now buzz off:D:p:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Got woken up this morning by a dog barking,
    my mam cooked me rashers for breakfast but she burnt them :(
    I ended up eating them anyway and felt sick.
    Later got a text from some girl I really liked back in school,
    she wanted to meet but Ive no car and the bus doesnt go near her house.
    Decided to play some basketball with friends instead but fuked up my hands from the cold!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWfbGGZE07M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

that sucks but fairly tame. have had far worse days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Where do you work, OP, that has a Sky box?

sky box and coffee machine... it sounds like a pub.

or else he works from home.

Hotel.

The majority of lads have had sum bird leave them, Myself included, but it was an entirely different kind of loss (even though not my dog that died)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Woke up yesterday and it seemed the day would be grand. Oh how wrong I was. I walked 5km in 30 degree heat to go to a particular shop to buy a particular product... which of course they didn't have in stock. Got home and wondered why I wasn't hungry as I had skipped breakfast and lunch. Felt stomach bloating and making strange and by the evening I was puking my guts up. Repeatedly. Couldn't get much sleep, was up for work this morning at 7.30am, still feeling rough as hell.

Blargh!

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭jackie1974

I flushed my upstairs toilet, came downstairs to find the contents pouring dowm my newly fricking decorated sitting room walls. Ill be waiting til at least nine for a plumber and will more than likely have to pull up my floor to do repairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

I got a call 6 years ago to tell me that both my parents had been killed by a drunk driver. That was the worst day of my life. Nothing has ever come close since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Conor108 wrote: »
    This guy has you beat...
    A resident of Nagasaki, Yamaguchi was in Hiroshima on business for his employer Mitsubishi Heavy Industries when the city was bombed at 8:15am on August 6, 1945. The following day he returned to Nagasaki and, despite his wounds, returned to work on August 9, the day of the second atomic bombing. In 1957 he was recognized as a hibakusha (explosion-affected person) of the Nagasaki bombing, but it was not until March 24, 2009 that the government of Japan officially recognised his presence in Hiroshima three days earlier. He died of stomach cancer on January 4, 2010.

That wasn't all on the same day in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

One Xmas I asked my parents to buy me "Doom" for my Super Nintendo, they got me "Super Metroid" instead.

**** you and your bad day.

(turned out SM was the superior game but still..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

I got a call 6 years ago to tell me that both my parents had been killed by a drunk driver. That was the worst day of my life. Nothing has ever come close since.
    hope your doin alright there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

Kanoe wrote: »
    hope your doin alright there

Thank you for the concern.
    I get quite emotional around Christmas time as I don't have any family now.
    I was grieving for 3 years, but as time has gone on I am coping better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Seems more like an example of a bad day, rather then the definition

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

I one time urinated and ejaculated on my own face....within a few hours. That wasn't the best of days !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

Thank you for the concern.
    I get quite emotional around Christmas time as I don't have any family now.
    I was grieving for 3 years, but as time has gone on I am coping better.

I lost one, can't imagine losing them both together like that. I noticed you started the alone at Christmas thread and I know it can be a tough time. It might not be much of a consolation but there is some company here. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

wM5nd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Woke up yesterday and it seemed the day would be grand. Oh how wrong I was. I walked 5km in 30 degree heat to go to a particular shop to buy a particular product... which of course they didn't have in stock. Got home and wondered why I wasn't hungry as I had skipped breakfast and lunch. Felt stomach bloating and making strange and by the evening I was puking my guts up. Repeatedly. Couldn't get much sleep, was up for work this morning at 7.30am, still feeling rough as hell.

Blargh!

So your up the pole then? Bad day alright :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

tacofries wrote: »
    i bou a paor a nw adiddaz trackies nd rppd dem climbn ova a fence..... wst dy eva mon

notsureifserious.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Getting a cramp in my "No man's land".....that's what I consider a bad day :(

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Seems more like an example of a bad day, rather then the definition

I agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭cazzzzz

beeroclock wrote: »

Eh, if James Blunt actually sang it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH476CxJxfg&ob=av2e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Got woken up this morning by a dog barking,
    my mam cooked me rashers for breakfast but she burnt them :(
    I ended up eating them anyway and felt sick.
    Later got a text from some girl I really liked back in school,
    she wanted to meet but Ive no car and the bus doesnt go near her house.
    Decided to play some basketball with friends instead but fuked up my hands from the cold!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWfbGGZE07M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Frynge wrote: »
    BUT why didn't the car stop.

Apparently, as far as I know, motorists are told not to brake/stop for small animals running across the road, as it could cause a further hazard if they were to brake/swerve.

It is possible that I am completely wrong but I vaguely remember hearing something along these lines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

Apparently, as far as I know, motorists are told not to brake/stop for small animals running across the road, as it could cause a further hazard if they were to brake/swerve.

It is possible that I am completely wrong but I vaguely remember hearing something along these lines.

I think you're correct, motorists shouldn't stop for a dog, unless it is being walked by a person.

• Advertisement
Advertisement