Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Salthill - Rahoon

Options
  • 04-12-2011 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi,

Is there a bus that goes from Salthill or the Prom to the top of Threadneedle Road?

I waited 45mins for this one at the bottom of Threadneedle Road as I thought I could catch a Bus Eireann 2W to get to Taylors Hill, not a long walk I know but I didnt fancy pushing a pram the whole way up the hill. Seemingly I was wrong as no bus materialised.

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1260982886-Galway2W.pdf

From where I live in Rahoon its a bit far to walk to Salthill & back again with the pram, so was hoping I could walk to Salthill and get a bus back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Little My

biko wrote: »

Yes it does....

But I did wait 45mins at a Bus Stop (which that map indicates is on the No.1 bus route) and no bus came past me.

Plus the timetable for the 2W says "Services operate inwards via Blackrock, Threadneedle Rd, and Taylor's Hill" which is not indicated on that map. Or is that only Sundays? Sorry I can usually read timetables but this one has really confused me, plus I'm not sure where all the places mentioned are.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It seems the only 2w bus to go past Threadneedle road is one at 7am. That's maybe why it's not on the map. Justmary maintains that site voluntarily sp maybe she can clarify.

I didn't see a bus that goes from Salthill to Rahoon but perhaps someone else knows.

There should definitely be info on the stops about what goes past and when.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

City Direct's route 36 might be what you want.

Or Bus Eireann's route 1k goes part of the way.

Unfortunately 36 runs Mon-Fri only, and 1k runs on Sunday only. Both are pretty infrequent.

(I had a feeling that I didn't have the full story re route 36, was sure it used to be called 37, etc so I actually took a ride on it one day last week. The map now shows what I found out. The wild-card is that sometimes a particular timed service will do something different to the rest, and I have no way of knowing if I was on one of those.)

Advertisement