Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Christmas Trees for Sale in Cratloe Woods this year

• 04-12-2011 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi All,

Just a heads up to ye, I was walking in Cratloe Woods on Thursday and saw a sign saying no Christmas trees for sale there this year :( Big pity it is too, but I was wondering does anyone know of anywhere else around Shannon or Sixmilebridge I can get a decent tree?? Didn't see any for sale outside Crowes when I drove by earlier.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Well juding by previous years, a chap was selling trees opposite the towncentre on the rossbracken side. Haven't seen him yet though.
    The old reliable at ivans (limerick i know, but not far) Has setup shop already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jboots

so disappointed, used to enjoy going to Cratloe every year, having a nice walk and then picking out the perfect tree ! Tim Crowes had trees yesterday in both SMB and Ministers cross, but not much of a selection. The nearest Coillte depot that i can find is Curragh Chase but thats a bit of a trek. I think Woodies have them as well as Ivans. Anyone know of anywhere in Ennis with a good selection of unwrapped trees that they will wrap for you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cookie82

Hi All,

Just a heads up to ye, I was walking in Cratloe Woods on Thursday and saw a sign saying no Christmas trees for sale there this year :( Big pity it is too, but I was wondering does anyone know of anywhere else around Shannon or Sixmilebridge I can get a decent tree?? Didn't see any for sale outside Crowes when I drove by earlier.

centra down the village also have trees. otherwise try the market in ennis on a saturday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Anybody know why they're not there this year? Seems unusual, this is the first year I remember them not being there.
    I hope it's just a once off, it's a Christmas tradition in our house to get the tree there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

It's only the 6th so maybe the trees aren't out yet.They would probably be in no fit state by Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 RockyTwoArms

Well if there's a sign up there's a sign up, pity alright the trees were good. Must be to do with cut backs in funding for collite. anyone know if they sell them in or around ballyhoura?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 RockyTwoArms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

Hi All,

Seen that there are Christmas trees for sale in the Garden Centre in Smithstown near the Recycling Area.

Advertisement