Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble with SULIS

Options
  • 04-12-2011 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hey lads anyone else having trouble getting onto sulis?

I've been trying for the past twenty minutes and each time I try to log on I get Invalid Login(Yes I am putting in the right details)

So is it just me or is anyone else having trouble?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭yuppy700

yep. getting the same invalid login message here

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Yup, sulis is down. F*ck sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭chicgroovy101

Same here :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

thought the heading was "Trouble with SLUTS" lol

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭tazbars

I can't log into SULIS and when I even try resend for a new password it says my ID isn't recognised on the system? Anyone else experiencing difficulties logging in? I've an exam at 9 in the morning and absolutely screwed if its down for the night..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Fuck sake i cant get any of my notes for a last minute cramming session. :(

fail time

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭chicgroovy101

Can't log-in either, and its not been working for a couple of hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭tazbars

oh my god i may as well pack up and go home, anyone have any info on when/if it is being fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,272 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

So ITD went down on me! Lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Same :/
    Write that down on end of test for some sympathy marks :)
    A man can dream :))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

ITD, the only thing they do without fail, is failing during read week.

what a joke.

All of my notes and formulas are on sulis. This is a joke.

Yup as per said in the other thread about it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Burswood

This happens EVERY year. Everyone is trying to either access notes last minute or submitting assignments.

Unfortunately, it just is what it is. I feel bad for the people who need their notes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'm not excusing ITD. This is a pure balls. But seriously, people will have to realise that these types of errors happen. DOWNLOAD YOUR NOTES BEFORE STUDY WEEK!!!!!!!! Seriously, the amount of people saying "This happens every time!!" but yet still haven't learned from it baffles me.

It is a pain in the hole though. Let's just hope it's back up today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'm not excusing ITD. This is a pure balls. But seriously, people will have to realise that these types of errors happen. DOWNLOAD YOUR NOTES BEFORE STUDY WEEK!!!!!!!! Seriously, the amount of people saying "This happens every time!!" but yet still haven't learned from it baffles me.

says the man that had to get MY downloaded notes yesterday 24l4tuo.gif

its back btw, wasn't ITD's fault this time.....damn I wanted to give that cranky-hole admin some abuse... :)

problem was on the hosting company, rSmart's side apparently

iPwnage wrote: »
    says the man that had to get MY downloaded notes yesterday 24l4tuo.gif

Damn! :pac:

For the record, it wasn't your notes I needed, it was the past papers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭gruffler91

Is it just me or is Sulis gone down again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Ivan Offlcockitch

Looks like its gone again. server problem this time.

just had my exam papers downloaded in time...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

I'd all my notes off it for a while bar some Maths Tutorials,
    Saw it was back this morning,
    Great, I'll use it later in the library...
    Down...
    These things are sent to try us,
    Luckily (to some extent) I've Physics tomorrow and Maths Friday...
    Would want to get things in order by then,
    Will download the badstards this time...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

You are trying to excuse ITD, saying 'these things happen'. These things don't happen elsewhere. ITD, rSmart and the hosting company should be the ones anticipating the increased network requirements, not the students. It's absolutely unacceptable that the same issues arise every year.

How are students who weren't effected by this year supposed to know that sulis breaks when you actually need it.

The problem is easily fixed it would seem, why isn't there some server monkey on standby to fix the issue as it arises.

You are trying to excuse ITD

No. I'm not.
    saying 'these things happen'. These things don't happen elsewhere. ITD, rSmart and the hosting company should be the ones anticipating the increased network requirements, not the students. It's absolutely unacceptable that the same issues arise every year.

Yes, it is unacceptable. But my point was addressing the students who know that this happens. There is no excuse not to have your resources backed up. I assume a lot of people here do projects. You wouldn't just have one copy of a word doc would you? You'd have a copy on usb, on your hard drive, a hard copy, etc. So why not have back ups of your notes for the event that you can't access them via SULIS.
    How are students who weren't effected by this year supposed to know that sulis breaks when you actually need it.

Not sure what you mean. I assume you mean first years? If so, then yes, it's a complete balls for them.
    The problem is easily fixed it would seem, why isn't there some server monkey on standby to fix the issue as it arises.

Money.

No. I'm not.

Yes, it is unacceptable. But my point was addressing the students who know that this happens. There is no excuse not to have your resources backed up. I assume a lot of people here do projects. You wouldn't just have one copy of a word doc would you? You'd have a copy on usb, on your hard drive, a hard copy, etc. So why not have back ups of your notes for the event that you can't access them via SULIS.

Those aren't even nearly the same things. The college decides to distribute information via a centralised propriety piece of software. This software and information is supposed to be accessible 24/7 from any where in the world. However, it comes with the disclaimer you must download everything as soon as possible because the software can fail at any time.

What happens if the college email interface broke down? Would you tell people they were silly for not having their emails backed up on another server?

Those aren't even nearly the same things. The college decides to distribute information via a centralised propriety piece of software. This software and information is supposed to be accessible 24/7 from any where in the world. However, it comes with the disclaimer you must download everything as soon as possible because the software can fail at any time.

To be fair Sid, we're not talking about downloading stuff as soon as possible. We're talking about downloading your resources over the course of 14 weeks, rather than depending on a system that has been proved ineffective time and time again.

Essentially your argument is "students should know better by now"
    Essentially my argument is students shouldn't need to know better, they should just fix the system.

Everyone's course is different, maybe it suits you to download stuff off sulis as you go along maybe other courses only require stuff off it near exam time.

did anyone's lecturer tell them to get stuff off sulis ASAP in case it breaks? Was that an email sent out by ITD/college saying beware sulis is like a taxi, never around when you need it.

Advertisement