Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV Dome Cameras

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

No not both but the twilight cams have received some good reviews in trade magazines.
    The camera from cctvireland mention "WDR" but I'm not sure how good it performs and it has an on screen menu which the twilight does not

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

exaisle wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm considering installing a number of cctv cameras on my house. They will be mounted on walls (vertically) but sheltered by the eaves. I have narrowed the choice of cameras to those that are linked below - they are both 650TVL and there is very little difference in price when I take shipping into account...

http://www.cctvireland.ie/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=202

http://www.cctvdirect.co.uk/products/Twilight-VFD-%252d-650TVL%252d-Ultra-Low-Light-%252d-Adjustable-4%252d9mm-Lens.htmlhttp://www.cctvdirect.co.uk/products/Twilight-VFD-%252d-650TVL%252d-Ultra-Low-Light-%252d-Adjustable-4%252d9mm-Lens.html

Bear in mind that neither cctvireland nor cctvdirect include VAT in their advertised prices.

If anybody has experience of both of these cameras, then I'd be very interested in hearing their views...the fact that the cameras are to be mounted on walls may relevant...I'm not entirely sure if this can be done so hopefully somebody will be able to point me in the right direction.

E.

Condor Security have a good Pro-View camera, vari-focal 4-9mm lens, 600 TVL that would be cheaper than these. Ask for Ken, he will sort you out.

CONDOR SECURITY DISTRIBUTION LTD
    23A Greenhills Industrial Estate,
    Greenhills Road, Walkinstown, Dublin 12, Ireland.
    01 409 7733/34

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

@Altor....I happened to be in Walkinstown this afternoon and called in to see Ken in Condor. He was very helpful and is sorting me out with a decent system.

Many thanks for the recommendation.

E.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

He's a good lad, & he knows his stuff when it comes to cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

exaisle wrote: »
    @Altor....I happened to be in Walkinstown this afternoon and called in to see Ken in Condor. He was very helpful and is sorting me out with a decent system.

Many thanks for the recommendation.

E.

Your welcome exaisle,

Was taking to Ken today, hear you got yourself a good bargain :D
    He is very helpful and knows his stuff when it comes to cameras ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement