Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of a social Media Strategy ??

Options
  • 04-12-2011 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

Ok .. need a few questions answered..
    I have an idea but trying to get more widespread information on the below

1. What is the industry standard price for a social media Strategy on a monthly basis on the following- Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin
    2. Price on a custom Design for All of the above, 1 off payment .. etc

3. Obviously if someone could be more specific on this service, for the prices offered what exactly is on the table regarding workload .. What is done daily, houly etc

Thanks to all that reply !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

1. What is the industry standard price for a social media Strategy on a monthly basis on the following- Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin

3. Obviously if someone could be more specific on this service, for the prices offered what exactly is on the table regarding workload .. What is done daily, houly etc

I could write a book as thick as a house and still not give you your answer. A 'social media strategy' devised and implemented could cost €1k per month, it could cost €1,000,000 per month. Impossible to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

This is the internet marketing equivalent of 'how long is a piece of string?' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Hmm righto..

For €200 per month
    For €300 per month what could/should i get/recieve/offer ??

Hmm righto..

For €200 per month
    For €300 per month what could/should i get/recieve/offer ??

Think about it - it's like saying 'what kind of website would I get for 300 quid', or 'how many AdWords clicks would I get for 200 quid'? It depends on a wide variety of factors. What are you looking to achieve and what business is to be promoted?

For 200-300 quid you would probably get a good start - a FB page set up and some consultancy advice to get you going anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Right.. i can see where this is going..

I would like to learn and EXTRACT some information and research the idea of getting some information on these factors so i can google it.. yes i have googled it, but im looking for another 1000 opinions on this .. from an irish perspective of course.
    The business is non existant, i dont have one in mind. So hypothetically i have 1 local sports shop in the town, i also have a reputable flower shop and also i have Local Pub/restaurant that caters for a young crowd that has bands etc

SO.. if i was to approach a web marketing company persay, and my particular budget was €300 per month to Throw at such a company to Market my wares to the locality independantly of course.

I dont need a Fb page set up on any of those business,s.. i want to know indept as to what work would be done, How it would be done.
    What days the work would be done, what specific posts, comments and videos would be done. What times of the day are expected or is this just randomly every day.
    Also how many minutes a day are my 3x accounts being worked on.
    I dont need a consultant to fill me with "red bull" i want someone to take my money in this economy its becoming seemingly hard and do the work.. I dont want to do the work at all..

So just to clarify, I have a fb page, i dont want to do anything to it, i want to pay someone that is professional to do it.. What do i Get for €300 per month

And to be honest i have emailed four of the "ranked" seo firms stating that they specifically do this type of work and havent recieved one reply so far. I have also emailed a marketing company that is spamming a pub on a daily basis about getting a contract work/quote and they havent replied.

I mean.. im kinda hearing this country is in a poor state and i cant even get a reply ??

• Advertisement

Right.. i can see where this is going..

I would like to learn and EXTRACT some information and research the idea of getting some information on these factors so i can google it.. yes i have googled it, but im looking for another 1000 opinions on this .. from an irish perspective of course.
    The business is non existant, i dont have one in mind. So hypothetically i have 1 local sports shop in the town, i also have a reputable flower shop and also i have Local Pub/restaurant that caters for a young crowd that has bands etc

SO.. if i was to approach a web marketing company persay, and my particular budget was €300 per month to Throw at such a company to Market my wares to the locality independantly of course.

I dont need a Fb page set up on any of those business,s.. i want to know indept as to what work would be done, How it would be done.
    What days the work would be done, what specific posts, comments and videos would be done. What times of the day are expected or is this just randomly every day.
    Also how many minutes a day are my 3x accounts being worked on.
    I dont need a consultant to fill me with "red bull" i want someone to take my money in this economy its becoming seemingly hard and do the work.. I dont want to do the work at all..

So just to clarify, I have a fb page, i dont want to do anything to it, i want to pay someone that is professional to do it.. What do i Get for €300 per month

And to be honest i have emailed four of the "ranked" seo firms stating that they specifically do this type of work and havent recieved one reply so far. I have also emailed a marketing company that is spamming a pub on a daily basis about getting a contract work/quote and they havent replied.

I mean.. im kinda hearing this country is in a poor state and i cant even get a reply ??

All I'm saying is that there is no industry standard and it's impossible to say because there will be - as you say yourself - a thousand different answers - which is not much use to you! I don't know what sector you are in, but if it was say, retail, and I asked you what is the industry standard price for fitting out a new shop, the first thing you'd say is 'well, it depends'!

You could get the top company on Google charging you 3k. A freelancer or start-up could charge you 300 and do a much better job and care a lot more about the project. The top companies you emailed would charge you thousands, and most of them or all of them will only reply if they see it will be worth their while (not that I'm saying it's ok to not reply to you). Then you'll have people calling you - then you have to question why they feel they have to do this, instead of getting work naturally through word of mouth, referrals, their own online marketing efforts, etc.

As for your questions on what work would be done - this is actually something you would spell out, not the agency as such. This is because it would be your business, and you know your customers, and you want to set the tone. The agency could advise you on best practice (e.g. don't bombard your fans, post key updates earlier in the week, etc), but as you know your customer best, all of this will largely be determined by you.

I actually believe that social media is best kept in-house in a company or enterprise - NOT outsourced to an agency or anyone else. Outsourcing is best suited to SEO work, AdWords management - not social media which simply boils down to the way you choose to communicate and interact with your customers.

However, in short, if you want a straight answer, I would pick up the phone and talk to some 'reasonably affordable' social media/online marketing companies or freelancers - you can get a good idea of how far your budget will go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 mhkdeveloper

What you want exactly?
    You want to promote your site on social sites or you want any other activity.
    What's your site URL?

Please PM me some with some more information so I will give you best quote based on your need.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭benbob65

You keep asking the same question in different ways, and thus will keep getting the same answer in different words.

It's like asking the question: where is the best plays to buy a house? It is absolutely pointless to go through all the different scenarios in order to prepare yourself for the day that you actually will buy a house.

Advertisement