Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with landlord... please help!!!

Options
  • 04-12-2011 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Were having a problem with our landlord lately. We moved in earlier this year after being shown the house through an agent and that was all grand. We waited for bills to come to put them into our name but none came (nearly 8 months). We managed to get the ESB into our name as one of the lads transferred his account to this address or whatever after she gave the reference number as she was a former owner/tennant.

The Bord gais hasn't come, nor has she given us the number (we're not 100% if she has it) and we need a reference/account number to be able to put it into our name. The real problem is that now the fire and the heating for half of downstairs arent working and the house is freezing. We rang the landlord and she said she's not doing anything til we have it in our name. Catch 22...

Also, she says that theres a bill of 205 to be paid by us and that theres a balance of 800 on the bill already that we dont need to worry about. Is this standard procedure as it sound very odd to me? I really dont want to put a bill for 1000+ in my name which isnt mine!

Our lease says we have to 'pay and discharge the bills' but we havent got any bills to discharge so surely we cant be breaching the contract?
    Please advise!
    Thanks!!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

why havent you phoned the gas people to tell them you have moved in to thr house:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭tiernanobrien

irishbird wrote: »
    why havent you phoned the gas people to tell them you have moved in to thr house:confused:

we did! and they said they cant put it into our name without a reference/account number which we dont have as we've never got a bill! we think they're going to the landlord's address in england like the esb was!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

I had the same problem with bord gais they wouldnt set up the account without a reference/account number but how can you have one when you dont have an account pack of idiots

I ended up ringing the esb and asking them to supply my gas which they where very good and obliged f**k bord gais ring the esb and set up as a new customer for gas take a reading from your meter to give them and as for your landlady the bill for bord gais is in her name so once you set up your esb gas bill account then the former is her problem

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

I could be wrong but as a reference number can you give the number off the meter, every meter has a unique code, I've no idea but might be worth a shot.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

your account reference number is on the meter :confused:

if you havent got a key to open the box, you can buy them for about a euro in any hardware store

• Advertisement
Advertisement