Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making a longboard skateboard, looking for plywood.

• 04-12-2011 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hey there, not sure if this is the right forum for this, was going to put it in woodworking but this seems more active. Anyway im making a longboard skateboard (if you dont know what they are or what they do look at this, http://www.youtube.com/user/Originalskateboards?v=OW-J2pQrlsw&feature=pyv) Anyway, I am a 5th year student doing construction and engineering, i'm making a longboard and i've chosen 40 inches long roughly for the board and 10 inches wide. all the main manufacturers of longboards tend to use canadian maple ply (6-9 plys) they bend and laminate each layer as they go but to do this yourself is a challenge so the internet suggests getting three or four ply balltic birch or maple sheets, and bending and gliong them in a press then cutting to shape, but for the life of me i cant find this ply in ireland does anyone know where i can get it from? any help is appreciated! :D

thanks a million Pete

Advertisement