Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mac makeup online cheap?

• 04-12-2011 10:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone know any good sites that have Mac for decent prices?
    I hoped Feelunique.com would but they don't seem to sell it..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ceekay123

Look at adverts.ie

a lot of fakes are out there now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭glitterbug86

Try All Cosmetics Wholesale. I don't know of any website with the full range of Mac that delivers here but they have the best range I've seen and are definitely genuine. It's still expensive (as mac unfortunately is) but not as expensive as BT. Shipping is based on weight. I bought a lot of my mac brushes there and have saved a lot of money overall. http://www.allcosmeticswholesale.com/category/acw.brands.mac/

I'm not very familiar with adverts.ie but if it's anything like donedeal etc then most if not all of the stuff is fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Moyglish

I'd advise against using All Cosmetics Wholesale. :mad:

I spent a lot on buying MAC items from there and the whole lot was FAKE.

Very high quality, deceptive looking fakes of a higher standard than those normally found on eBay and the likes, but most definitely FAKE. :mad:

I totally disagree. They are a very reputable source. What exactly did you buy? When? And why are you so sure they were fake? Are you sure it was even this website?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭cocokay

Moyglish wrote: »
    I'd advise against using All Cosmetics Wholesale. :mad:

I spent a lot on buying MAC items from there and the whole lot was FAKE.

Very high quality, deceptive looking fakes of a higher standard than those normally found on eBay and the likes, but most definitely FAKE. :mad:

wow i'm surprised, i used them before, got a lancome brush, occ lip tar, stila lipglaze and an eyeshadow and they were definitely all genuine!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/

http://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/

http://www.sephora.fr/ - shipping is €18 Euros though.

I have purchased M.A.C eyeliners and a M.A.C stacked pigment from Fragrance Direct and my sister (who is a make up artist) looked at the eyeliners and said they are genuine.

I totally disagree. They are a very reputable source. What exactly did you buy? When? And why are you so sure they were fake? Are you sure it was even this website?

Yes, of course I'm sure it was that particular website :rolleyes:

It was about 18 months ago, I purchased a number of pigments, eyeshadows, lipsticks etc.. most of what I ordered were from previous collections that I missed out on, limited editions.

I know my Mac extremely well. I even brought them into my local Mac counter and the manager there confirmed that they were fakes.

As I said, they were of a very high quality - most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

They were fake as hell all the same though.

Company were very difficult to deal with when I brought it to their attention - no offer of a refund. I was stuck with them so dumped the whole lot.

I spent over $400 on that order.

I'm not the only person that have been fooled by them, after I started digging I noted other people on makeup related forums also got stung by them. :(

Do house of fraser deliver here? Or allow mac to be purchased from here. Have you ordered from them? I thought I checked them out before and there was a problem. Hope i'm wrong!

Fragrance direct are genuine. I haven't ordered mac from them as they've only started stocking it recently but i'd trust them. I don't think they have a great range though.

I heard about sephora.fr last week (maybe from you) but haven't checked it properly yet. Very interesting! Can you change the site language to english? Actually maybe a stupid question but would the actual products be in french? I think shipping was said to be expensive but may be worth it if the products are cheaper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Do house of fraser deliver here? Or allow mac to be purchased from here. Have you ordered from them? I thought I checked them out before and there was a problem. Hope i'm wrong!
    Yeah House Of Fraser do deliver to Ireland. I haven't heard of any restrictions on products that can/can't be delivered though. I haven't ordered from them (yet!).

http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Delivery+Options/CustomerServicesDelivery,default,pg.html
    I heard about sephora.fr last week (maybe from you) but haven't checked it properly yet. Very interesting! Can you change the site language to english? Actually maybe a stupid question but would the actual products be in french? I think shipping was said to be expensive but may be worth it if the products are cheaper?
    I only heard about Sephora.fr recently too (saw it on a thread on Boards).

If you use Google Chrome it offers to translate the page for you. I don't know of another way to translate it though, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

CD Wow do some Mac. I don't know if it's real or not but I can't imagine it would be fake as I have ordered other brands of make up there which was 100% real. http://www.cdwow.ie/beauty/MAC-647771

• Advertisement

Moyglish: Didn't mean it in a bad way when I asked were you sure it was that particular website. I think there's a good few websites with similar names and fake products and allcosmeticswholesale very recently redesigned their site so it's not that recognisable anymore so that's why I asked.

I know that if the manager at Mac told you they were fake then they should know but I'd just be so surprised if ACW were selling fakes. Some people would be like "Oh you got it on the internet so it must be fake". I'd be very interested to hear what exactly ye saw on the products that convinced ye they were fake. If they were limited edition products then ye probably didn't have any to compare it to so was there some product design difference or..?I'd also be interested in links to where you said you found other people that said they were fake.

I have a good bit of stuff from ACW and from BT and a bit from elsewhere. I haven't noticed anything unusual about the stuff from ACW. I bought all my MAC eyeshadows (except one backup) from BT. I have thirty-something of them and actually notice some variation in those and I'm 100% sure they're legit as they came from BT eg. my naked lunch has had very poor colour payoff from day one. The naked lunch on display in BT doesn't have this problem and if I'd bought mine from elsewhere I'd think it might be fake.

All I've ever bought from ACW were permanent products so if yours are actually fake I wonder if they got those from a bad source as they're obviously harder to source, and the permanent products are legit as they're easier to source. I dunno. I'd be awful disappointed if mine were fake. Also would be afraid you've dumped $400 of real mac.

Purple_Bobbin: I just went to the House of Fraser website and added a Mac eyeshadow to my cart to test it out. When I went to my cart it said "international delivery is not available for this order. One or more items in this order are not available for international delivery". So I guess they don't deliver Mac here.. unless it's just certain products, I don't know. Oh well, will still have to check out sephora.fr :)

One more I remembered: www.rock-the-catwalk.com Limited stock, as with most of the sites that stock Mac.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭meelyb

I ordered MAC from House of Fraser last month. Got some primer and some eyeshadow, delivered no problem. I live in Dublin. Told my sister who lives in Longford and can't get to BT about it and she ordered too. It saves you quite a bit if you need a few things, foundation worked out at approx €22 and not BT's €32. I threw in a jumper to get the free delivery for spending over €50. Then returned the jumper using their free returns. Thrifty or pathetic. Cheaper MAC for me either way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Suzich

Hy there, I had to register to participate in this little discussion.

As Moyglish, I have also bought fake MAC from fragrancedirect. My purchase was based on my excellent experience with them before - always genuine products at unbelievable prices, especially Elizabeth Arden, RoC, Coryse Salome, etc. I have really trusted them.

I`m also member of Specktra Forum where you can find subforum about counterfeit MAC, you can find my posts and pictures of my fake MAC there:

http://www.specktra.net/t/175958/fragrance-direct-now-selling-mac

I`ve ordered from many many internet web shops, as UK Cheapsmells, fragrancedirect, feelunique, HQ Hair, Cocktail Cosmetics (they sell authentic MAC, owner of this shop is Specktra member Julie), e.l.f.; etc.; and also US Rock the Catwalk (they sell authentic MAC), FragranceX, Sigma, Coastal Scents; etc.; and have never received fake product till this last experience with fragrancedirect`s MAC products.

I`ve bought powder blush and Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. You can tell by the letters on the cover - they are engraved , not printed; they don`t look real - there is difference when you compare it to authentic products (M is obviously different with much more space between two lines that are disconnected) ; label and letters on label are different (label is different color and little bit larger; letters are somewhat yellow-white and not grey-white; they have some issues with letters - some are bolder, and some are thinner, there is not equal spacing between letters); and also that little arrow sign is smaller then it should be; slash - there should be more space between slash and last/first letter: MADE IN ITALY / MAJE, and not MADE IN ITALY/MAJE.

I have contacted them, but they said that I can return products to their address and that they will send them to their supplier for testing. They didn`t want to tell who the supplier is and how the products will be tested.

I decided to keep the products and when my original blush arrives from Canada (this fake one states that is is made in Canada) where my friend lives (she bought it for me from MAC counter), I will make detailed comparison with more photos.

As considers ACW, and also Strawberry, I`ve read that they sell fake MAC. I don`t know about Strawberry, I know that they admitted and withdrawn fake products. Everything else that I bought from Strawberry was genuine but I won`t buy MAC from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭awesom_o

http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/

http://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/

http://www.sephora.fr/ - shipping is €18 Euros though.

I have purchased M.A.C eyeliners and a M.A.C stacked pigment from Fragrance Direct and my sister (who is a make up artist) looked at the eyeliners and said they are genuine.

I got excited when I saw sephora, but €18 for shipping?! Might as well go into town and buy the mac stuff in BT's.

Hi Suzich, thanks for posting! I read the discussion over on specktra and viewed your pics and was thinking that, ya, you must have got a fake. Was thinking how horrible it is that you can't even trust the likes of fragrancedirect who are usually trustworthy, when it comes to mac.

I only have 2 mac blushes (well dressed and dollymix) but I bought them both at my local mac counter so they are both def geniune. I took them out to compare to your fake one and to my surprise they have differences in them i'd never notIced as i'd never compared seeing as they're both real and I have no possible fake to compare to. The lid of my well dressed looks printed but the lid of my dollymix looks engraved like you explained. I can clearly feel the 'mac' on dollymix aswell. Both my blushes were made in canada so may be useful to compare to yours because of that. The finish of each blush is wrote differently. "Satin" on well dressed is directly under the title and small whereas "sheertone shimmer blush" has a gap bewteen the title and is much bigger. Well dressed is about a year and a half old and dollymix is around a year old. I think the front of my dollymix and the back of my well dressed may look like yours. I'll stick some pics up, see what you think.

Mac Well Dressed is on the left and Dollymix is on the right in each pic. Sorry the quality isn't great as it's just the camera on my phone.

5C418A74958047D688D5B3BC96BDE0BE-0000345177-0002697412-00500L-99921263A02F494A9533ABC375E83220.jpg

4EDDA9428D0F41BBA417054AE6E25208-0000345177-0002697414-00800L-5BFB771846034BF7AB14D27648208887.jpg

7DEBAB189E5D4FD98C45E09FD9058D1D-0000345177-0002697415-00800L-E161F0F99B1E4E269329946920AF05A5.jpg

F9ABF9CA0D4B4B7E80512F9711C84874-0000345177-0002697416-00800L-BE4491C9892F4C2DA3A6436D71EB657F.jpg

423D94E5E152494D876296375BB0DF9C-0000345177-0002697417-00800L-779DF437BF1F49D0AADBE16DE04C5467.jpg

glitterbug86, thanks for your posts and pictures:). For the same reason you trust them, I trusted them also, I didn`t have any doubts, because, hey, it is fragrancedirect - they`re thrustworthy, big, famous, have excellent reviews online; and I`m sure that they wouldn`t allow to themselves any bad review.

At first, I thought it was original, I didn`t even check it and compare it to my other blushes (unfortunately, I have only mineralize blushes, so I couldn`t compare it to any powder blush, and in my country there is no MAC counter, so it makes verification even harder).

But, during the discussion on our national (Croatian) forum, sbf Cosmetics, subject MAC : http://www.forum.hr/showthread.php?t=592407&page=32 pages 32-36 (my nick - Suey, you can put discussion into translate, I know it will be a mess through Google translate :D, but I`m sure you `ll get what it is about), few other members also said that they are questioning authenticity of their blushes ordered from fragrancedirect so we asked "older" members, very experienced in MAC, to say what do they mean about it. You can find also pictures here.

Finally, I got the answer on page 35, that it is fake, because at first everyone said it is OK, they didn`t notice some slight differences. I was told that letters on the lid are never engraved, the same like it is with the brushes - fake brushes have engraved number and letters, and real ones printed (like all mine brushes have, which are all from USA and Canada).

Here is some example real/fake blush: http://www.forum.hr/showpost.php?p=36780444&postcount=699

Now, when I look at your pics, I`m not sure anymore! I can see that your Dollymix has the same engraved MAC letters!! I can feel letters on my blush under my fingers like they are engraved, they are rough; and letters on other blushes are not, you can feel that it is just a print.

The difference is that on your blush Well Dressed it is written: MADE IN CANADA / M220 and look at mine - MADE IN CANADA/M220, no spacing before and after slash and also that arrow sign is different, your blush has bigger arrow. This is my blush:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/42/img8920q.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/g/694/img8925h.jpg/ (this album is on page 35. on my link to national forum, post nr. 697.)

My other blushes have this spacing before and after slash, like your blushes too.
    Also, letters on your blushes are grey-white, like on my others, and on my Fleur Power are white (yellow-white) and like they are little bit bolder!

I don`t know what to think anymore - as considers texture, it`s good; it`s very soft and subtle; it is not chalky and color is beautiful!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Hi, I know someone living in the US and was going to ask them to post me over some MAC makeup. Would this be stopped by customs or anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Just curious...if you buy a fake product but the quality is good...whats the problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

kandr10 wrote: »
    Just curious...if you buy a fake product but the quality is good...whats the problem?

The quality probably isn't good. Also, it's unlikely to have been tested for safety. You could get allergic reactions and around the eye area that would be dangerous. I also believe these things are illegal, trademark infringement. Tax is unlikely to have been paid and counterfeiting has been linked to organised crime.

If you are looking for cheap, quality make up, there is much better out there than some Chinese copy which is actually way overpriced for what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

+1 on the quality probably not being good.

Also, depending on how you paid, you've handed over your credit card details to dodgy people. Not so much of a concern if you've paid by PayPal but in a previous job I dealt with a lot of people who had had their card details taken & used by people running dodgy websites. The amount of times I heard 'oh, God, a couple of months back I bought a really cheap pair of UGGs and they turned out to be fake, could that be it?'

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I always think of how you dont know what the ingredients are now because of it being fake and that you could be putting any kind of harmful and/or yock on your face..

Well, you don`t have the real list of ingredients since MAC copies are almost identical to real MAC, so the list of ingredients is just a copy from authentic MAC product. God knows what is actually in that copy - it is very well known that Chinese low quality make up contain lead and cadmium, or even things that come from animals, like animal placenta, animal urin, etc.

Large number of well known make up brands are also produced in China, but actually they are safe because in that case Chinese factories have to follow rules and laws (of the country where the brand/firm is situated).

Quality of my fake MAC blush isn`t that bad, but it is not as pigmented as it should be. As considers Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - it`s awful, very chalky and it doesn`t have the right smell, it smells very strong, like cheap make up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Fair enough.
    Obv im not in favour of encouraging counterfeit merchandise. I was just curious cos a previous poster said they threw out the stuff after discovering it was fake. For sure I dont want animal placenta on my face but I dont know if such suspect ingredients isnt a little far fetched. I take the point that you dont have a genuine ingredients list but then reading a real one goes way over my head. There are so many chemicals ive never heard of and have no idea of their effects in the genuine products anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Selbeep

Could anybody let me know please if MAC makeup is cheaper to order online with House of Fraser as they deliver to Ireland with free delivery for orders over £50.00 or would it be cheaper in Dublin Duty Free. Any advice would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭meelyb

Hey Selbeep,

It is cheaper to order from House of Fraser than duty free. Foe example, foundation at £19.50, cost me €23. I think it's about €32 in Brown Thomas and duty free only gives 10% off as far as I know. House of Fraser also do free returns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭lil_tuts

please be careful unless you really know your pructs you could end up getting fakes. i order from allcosmeticswholesale.com everything on there is real. very few sites that sell Mac are genuine

the problem is cosmetics are regulated fake can have anything in them , banned dyes , lead. god only knows what you are putting on your skin

I'd just like to add that I placed a very large order for MAC from allcosmeticswholesale and I was disappointed to find that all the eyeshadows and pigments were FAKE.

Very good and convincing fakes, but fake nonetheless.

Customer service was non existant when I raised the issue with them. :mad:
    lil_tuts wrote: »
    please be careful unless you really know your pructs you could end up getting fakes. i order from allcosmeticswholesale.com everything on there is real. very few sites that sell Mac are genuine

• Advertisement

I shop there all the time and a lot of ppl i know do too all very well informed in there make up some professional makeup artists and have never heard of this .. very shocked. Have you any pictures or more details ?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Xx-Steph08-xX

House of fraser deliver mac to Ireland when u go to pay it says its not available for international delivery but if u look back up to your order it says uk and ireland with a tick and iternational with an x so just continue with your order and it will work I think that warning always comes up but they do deliver mac to Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

If house of fraser wouldn't deliver mac to the republic , you could always get around this using parcel motel : http://www.parcelmotel.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

kaondao wrote: »
    some of the feeling of playing a emulator is that it will make you a lot more knowledgeable of the fact airport taxi driver. We are apt to your investment simple actions when we target the. big picture"of a how to deal with hasten hour web-site visitors not to mention design domains" it also a thing of beauty. included benefit makeup acrylics to do this. your partner's facial. some sort of eye shadow has integrated with regard to shimmer, Stereo workforce and even solo.

Huh ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Huh ??

Sounds like the instructions to using the fakes lol... Or those on cheap pound shop toys....... Reckon so done used google translate

Advertisement