Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eyebrows - how long to grow back?

• 04-12-2011 10:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Arrived home today to find my daughter had taken the tweezers to her eyebrows and now she only has half brows. How long for them to grow back? Will they grow back at all?

I just hope no one comments on them at school tomorrow she is dreading going in and has spent the last hour trying to make her hair cover them up.

Any reassurance would be welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭IsaMtq

Did the same thing when I was younger - got carried away.

Poor thing - they will definitely grow back. The best thing is to put castor oil on them - it’s great for encouraging hair growth - its thick and sticky but a bit before bed each night will speed it up slightly. http://www.castoroilhome.com/castor-oil-hair-growth-treatment

If it’s quite bad - could she consider getting a fringe? - till they grow back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭IsaMtq

Note: Be sure to use only cold-pressed (or cold-drawn) castor oil that is hexane-free. Any other kind could clog your pores. Another good reason to use cold-pressed castor oil instead of refined castor oil is that cold-pressed oils retain much more of their valuable nutrients.

Pukka does a good one & available in most health shops (not holland & barrett though) http://www.pukkaherbs.com/castor-oil-2.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Ah I feel her pain, I did that myself at one stage.

I got a great pencil thing from Boots No 7, eye pencil on one end and brush on the other, it was good for filling in the missing bits. I'm sure there's other powder things as well you can use to conceal the gap a bit. It will grow back before she knows it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Thanks so much. She actually mentioned a fringe. She wears glasses so she is going to wear them more than usual for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

This won't help the growth issue, but if she uses something like this then it might give the illusion of having thicker/better shape brows. It's brilliant but if might help her to have the assistant in the shop show her how it works. You can get it in Brown Thomas, Debenhams, House of Fraser, the larger Boots stores and probably other bigger chemists too.

http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/product/view/brow-zings

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Poor girl, we all tend to do stuff like that at that age! I once cut my own fringe, with disastrous consequences :p

I think filling them with an eyebrow pencil for a while is the best idea. If you can't get any proper brow pencils/kits for a while, using a light brown eyeliner/eyeshadow (obviously it depends on her hair colour) will be grand either. There are loads of tutorials on youtube as well, which will help with how to fill them in.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Have a look at this video - it's aimed at those who don't have brows, and gives techniques towards the end (around 10mins onwards) on how to make them more realistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Thanks so much for those links. At least it is a lesson learned now.

Advertisement