If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Sony bravia

Options
  • 04-12-2011 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi, I bought a Sony bravia KDL 40W4500 from your store 2/3 years ago. It's started to Show shadows and lines and is getting worse. Looking through other forums this seems to be an issue with Sony tv's. For exampe: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1245224. I was wondering if you can advise me if there is anything I can do. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

I bought the w5500 about 2 years ago.

A lot of them were sold with 5 year warranties around that time so check if you have that. You'll have to go to Sony though if you have that.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@Kieth186

I appreciate that your intention is to be helpful but please also bear in mind that queries here are for RS to deal with, as explained in the Charter.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

Sorry to hear that you are having problems.

Are the problems showing on all inputs ?

Are they more noticeable on any particular input ?

I suspect it something that may need a repair.

If you can PM me your details, I can see if you have a 5 year warranty on the TV.

Many thanks

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭johnj1969

The Ritz wrote: »
    Mod Comment:

@Kieth186

I appreciate that your intention is to be helpful but please also bear in mind that queries here are for RS to deal with, as explained in the Charter.

Thanks,

Ritz.
    The op ie keith,has an identical tv,surely he's entitled to offer advise without being hassled for doing so? He should have gotten a thanks from rs,not rs thanking ritz for mutual benefit . verrry petty on both parties behalf.BTW I recently had this tv & keith186 is 100% right in that its possible about the 5yr warranty & would have nothing to do with rs,but its very helpful getting a possible reassurance from another member.Abso no offence to rs.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@johnj69,

Please take a moment to read the Charter (here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055564744 with the title "CHARTER _ PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING", particularly the parts that say:
    # As a general principle, if you're not asking Richersounds for a quote/information/involved in a deal here, it's usually best to proceed with caution. A more judicious approach to interventions and expressing opinions is needed here than would otherwise prevail in a general discussion area, such as the Home Entertainment Forums.

# If you see a post which is looking for a quote or advice from RS, please resist the urge to offer your opinion ! Such queries are not an open invitation for posters to make suggestions etc, these queries should be left to RS to answer. If queries or requests for quotes attracted everyone's opinion, the forum would be unworkable. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

and
    This forum is for interraction between Boardsies and Richersounds. Occasional misplaced attempts to be helpful are understandable, but posts which are inappropriate in the context of this notice will be snipped or deleted without notice. If you wish to give advice in response to queries, make suggestions etc, then there are plenty of queries and discussions in the Home Entertainment Forums, where your contribution will be very welcome.

and
    If you have a problem....

If you have a problem with a post or a thread on this forum, the first step should be to send me a PM. If there is some way in which I can help you I will happily do so or if the difficulty relates to a post or Moderator decision of mine such as moving a post or snipping (deleting text) that concerns you, then I will do my best to explain the situation.

Just to clarify,
    surely he's entitled to offer advise without being hassled for doing so?

Boardies are not "entitled" to offer advice on this forum, please see the Charter. I don't agree that anyone was hassled here, I would regard my intervention as reasonable and polite,

Thanks,

No post was deleted, no infraction or warning issued.

My intervention in this thread was a routine one, based on the rules set out in the Charter.

If you have any further queries regarding this, please feel free to contact me or Richersounds by PM but please do not post any further on the topic on this thread.

@All,

Any further input, suggestions etc about the OP's query or about your views on intervention in this thread or the Charter/whatever, feel free to raise with me by PM, but leave this thread free for the OP's query without any further disruption.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

johnj1969 wrote: »
    The op ie keith,has an identical tv,surely he's entitled to offer advise without being hassled for doing so? He should have gotten a thanks from rs,not rs thanking ritz for mutual benefit . verrry petty on both parties behalf.BTW I recently had this tv & keith186 is 100% right in that its possible about the 5yr warranty & would have nothing to do with rs,but its very helpful getting a possible reassurance from another member.Abso no offence to rs.

John / Ritz / and the OP Wonky,

I don't really want to get embroiled in the politics of this post however I'll just make the following comments.

1. We are dealing with Wonky directly and I hope and understand that to be fair to Sony that they will address the issue.

2. We did not in any way 'hassle' Keith - to be honest I am only getting around to addressing the post now :o - however I do understand where Ritz is coming from in commenting on Keiths post - There is a huge Home Entertainment forum which The Ritz also moderates and that really is the correct place for generic comments such as Keiths - I guess what The Ritz is trying to avoid was the thread becoming a general discussion on Sony 4500 problems instead of addressing a specific query on behalf of the OP - however, again I have no issue or problem with Keith's post.

3. The Ritz is COMPLETELY independent of Richer Sounds and The Philips Shop and for some obscure reason moderates for Boards completely on a volunteer basis - he has always been more than fair to posters both in our own forum and in the general HE forum - to be honest I would guess the Boardie who he clips in the ear most is me :o - as his position is voluntary I always try to thank him as a matter of courtesy ( I frequently forget, apologies Ritzy ) however I do also try to thank most posters, but again I frequently forget, apologies again!

I hope that clears everything up and with John's agreement I would hope to be able to post an update here when we get a final result on this issue..

Thanks again guys and as ever drop me a line if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭johnj1969

John / Ritz / and the OP Wonky,

I don't really want to get embroiled in the politics of this post however I'll just make the following comments.

1. We are dealing with Wonky directly and I hope and understand that to be fair to Sony that they will address the issue.

2. We did not in any way 'hassle' Keith - to be honest I am only getting around to addressing the post now :o -

Thanks again guys and as ever drop me a line if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    hi john i never implied RS hassled keith,but imo he was trying to give advice as an owner of an identical tv,i never said rs hassled him but lets say he was politely told by the other party to butt out between wonky & rs,even though he might hav had genuine advice.:) ATVB to you also your stores are great,if only we had 1 in dublin again....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.