Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat found - Highfield

Options
  • 04-12-2011 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭

We arrived home 20 minutes ago to find a lovely black cat curled up on our doorstep. It walked straight into the house and up onto the couch when we opened our front door!!

It is very friendly, and is obviously used to both people and dogs, as it let us pet her and wasn't bothered by our dog barking (she actually went rubbing up against him, which left him quite confused!!).

She's jet black, and is a couple of years old. Although she was very hungry, she doesn't seem to be malnourished. She id thin, and her fur is thin in places, but she seems in overall good condition. She purrs continuously (and contentedly).

She's been in our area a few days; we found her under the bonnet of my wifes car a couple of nights ago.

She has no collar, and I didn't feel a chip.

If this sounds like a cat you know, drop me a PM. She's outside with food, shelter and a pillow at the moment, but we're leaving her outside in case she decides to move on or go home. I can hear her munching on the dogs biscuits outside as I type this (she's a noisy eater!!!)

I'll add photos later if I see her during daylight hours.

This is exactly how we ended up with our dog nearly 4 years ago; it's turned out that he was a rescue dog. He's not used to cats letting him within 10 feet, so he's very confused at the moment.

Advertisement