Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waste Collection - Wers or Barna?

Options
  • 04-12-2011 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi folks, looking for some info on bin collections in headford. Wondering who most people are using for the usual 240l wheelie bins - Barna or Wers? Is there much difference in the pricing between the two?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ceewa

I'm in Loughrea using barna waste, i'm not sure what the prices are now but they were fairly similar when i signed up but i found Barna Waste more helpful when i contacted them with questions. I also notice in our estate that the barna bins are always placed back on the footpaths outside the house they belong to where as the Wers waste ones are just left on the road, sometime in the middle of the road. it mightn't bother other people but i find it a bit slack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭RichT

One thing to bear in mind when you make your choice, is at what time will the collections be made. A lot of people in the Shrule area changed over to Wers, and were shocked to be rudely awoken between 3am and 5am every Thursday morning. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

I use WERS in Loughrea, find it to be a very good service as we don't have much waste, and they only collect & charge when they take a bin away, as opposed to every week/month regardless. Bin is always in the same spot that I left it, think they call around 8.30am on a Friday so no complaints there.

They also text reminders to leave the bin out etc. Couldn't ask for more tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Yeah, also use WERS who charge for just every bin lift they do as opposed to an annual charge which I find very reasonable. Their rates have increased in recent months though but they still offer good value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭DriverMad

I live outside Headford and use Barna Waste. Very reliable and are always there about the same time every week. Neighbour uses Wers waste and one morning came before 7 in the morning, waking us up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 littlemeadow

Anyone know what they are both charging for 2012 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Seisen

I changed from Barna Waste two years ago as Wers were actively promoting their cheaper prices. Since then the gap has lessened and I intend to check out their respective prices for 2012 before I pay Wers for another six months (Wers are charging 130 euro for six months). One thing I like about Wers, which may not suit everyone, is they now only collect every two weeks and both bins are collected on the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Barna waste bill came today it's €125 for 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭PopIT

It all depends on your household. If you are planning to be putting out a full waste bin for every waste collection I would not recommend WERS. I am in Ardrahan and was using WERS. They started doing a double collection (waste and recycling)out here on a Wednesday instead of a single collection every Saturday. Since they started the double collection we have gotten charged in our last two lifts for been over weight. The first one was a wopping 35kg over and last weeks was 15 kg over. Their allowance is 40kg. There is no way one of those bins will hold 75 kg let alone me been able to wheel it out. Last weeks bin had about 10 dirty coal bags in it and one full waste bag and they still reckon it was over weight. It wasn't even half full. I am now changing to The Binman in Gort as they do not have a restriction and will be cheaper in the long run. They are €23 a month. Thats for 2 waste and 2 recycling lifts. WERS would be grand if they had a reasonable restriction but they way they are doing it is ridiculous. Either the restriction is to low or their scales on the truck is malfunctioning. They are handy with the top up card true, but will work out very expensive if used every week. Oh and their customer service is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Live in Loughrea and with Wers. Got bill the other day €300 for 2012. We have three bins collected every second Friday. Will be looking into alternatives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭WildWater

RubyGirl wrote: »
    Barna waste bill came today it's €125 for 6 months.

So did our but it was €145 for 6 months for a 240L.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

I have the small black bin so that's prob the difference in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Changed from WERS to Barna 2 years ago. Saved big time. Barna are neater. They don't leave your blocking your driveway

Advertisement