Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How To Study For English Paper II

• 04-12-2011 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

We've been doing in class tests in double classes recently on poetry, the comparative and Hamlet. The tells us what question from which year in the exam papers will come up and its up to us to prepare an answer to write within the 80 minute class. So what I've been doing is writing a 4/5 page essay and then learning it word for word off by heart and that has worked perfectly for me as I have gotten an A in each test. Problem is, with my Xmas tests week I know Plath is coming up and I know the character of Hamlet is on it but the test is on Tuesday so I don't have time to learn 8 pages off by heart and even if I could I might not be able to apply it to the questions. I know a lot of people just learn traits to Hamlets character and quotes to go with it, but I'm worried I won't be able to construct an essay around the quotes. Whats the best way to prepare for the prescribed material?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Just learn as much as you can properly now. Its only a christmas test. Learning stuff off properly will stand to you in June. I got a c1 in my mocks cause I only had some stuff learned properly. I knew everything for June and got a A2.

Absolutely do not cram essays, it'll make you think you know them but you wont know them in a weeks time.

Advertisement