Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone 4s unlock

• 04-12-2011 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hello peeps,

Just unlocked my apple iphone via vodafones website using the nac unlock code. Received the email today and synced it to iTunes and it was unblocked. Popped in my bros 3 sim and it worked so prosume it's unblocked to all networks..

Question is, headin to oz and wondering will it work on there networks also stopping in Thailand on the way. Is it a case of buying sim cards in each country as I go?? and will vodafones unlock be sufficient to work in all countries??

Hope to hear from someone that can shed some light.. Thanks!!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

The unlock isnt network specific, it's either unlocked or it's not.

So in short, yes, what ever country you may be in, pick up a local sim, and away ya go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 johnmcc88

Ya was thinking that but always doubting my self. Its just I saw a thread on another forum where they were yapping on bout different types of gsm networks and stuff like Vodafone might only support certain types of baseband and software in certain countries..

Ya Spose il just chance it so thanks eeloe for the help!!

Hello,

I have set up hotmail on my iphone 4s. Working ok and receiving emails. Within my hotmail account I have set up two folders called johns documents and work documents. When out and about and I go into these folders to view emails I have transferred into it from my inbox I can't see them but when I'm at home and in wifi and go into the folders on my phone I can see them all. Wondering as to why I can't see all the emails in these folders when out of wifi area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 NIAMO

Hi John,

Can I ask you were you a vodfone customer and out of contract with vodafone? Is that how you got the NAC?
    Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

NIAMO wrote: »
    Hi John,

Can I ask you were you a vodfone customer and out of contract with vodafone? Is that how you got the NAC?

Thanks
    Anybody with a prepay account on vodafone with sufficient credit spent can request an unlock:) Or a bill pay account that the phone isnt registered to.

• Advertisement

NIAMO wrote: »
    Hi John,

Thanks
    Yes I was a prepay customer and spent the allocated amount and was sent my nac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,593 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

RE: Oz

It wil work fine. I have an iPhone 4S with Vodafone Australia. On bill. Requested an unlock 2 months after gettign it, was in ireland for a month and it worked fine on vodafone there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

johnmcc88 wrote: »
    Yes I was a prepay customer and spent the allocated amount and was sent my nac

How much was the allocated amount?

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

IrishHomer wrote: »
    How much was the allocated amount?

hey , as far as i know , from when the phone was purchased from new there has to be a min of 127 euros of credit used on it !!

so if you had the fone for 3 months and after using 100 euros of top up/credit , you would have to pay them 27 euros .. then they will supply you with the unlock code.
    this is something i came accross on google , so dont take it as gospel..

this was for vodafone !!

check there website maybe ..

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

from vodafone.ie ;)
    ....................................................................................
    You can request a NAC to unlock any Vodafone Ireland handset.
    As a Vodafone customer, you can receive up to 3 NAC codes. (In other words, we'll give you the unlocking code for up to 3 different handsets.)
    To receive a NAC for a bill pay phone, you need to have served the full term of your contract.
    To receive a NAC for a pay as you go phone, you need to have topped up by €127 within the last 6 months.
    ....................................................................................

• Advertisement
Advertisement