Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will the phone be unlocked?

Options
  • 05-12-2011 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

hi there,

my father is due an upgrade on 02 bill pay and because he doesnt really have a necessity for a smartphone he is going to let me pick a phone for myself, now i have done this in the past and they have always been unlocked but im just wondering if i get the iphone 4s wil it be unlocked as in be able to use pay as you go sim card for three??

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

No, it won't

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Not the iPhone.

If you get one in Carphone Warehouse it might be. But definitely not the iPhone.
    Other Android phones might be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭BlueBaron

aw sh1t, that may be the iphone out the window, was hoping to use a 3 sim card, 02's data charges are shocking!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

BlueBaron wrote: »
    hi there,

my father is due an upgrade on 02 bill pay and because he doesnt really have a necessity for a smartphone he is going to let me pick a phone for myself, now i have done this in the past and they have always been unlocked but im just wondering if i get the iphone 4s wil it be unlocked as in be able to use pay as you go sim card for three??

thanks

If your dad is getting the Iphone 4 on his O2 contract they should unlock it for him straight away (it was the case 6 months ago), you are better checking with O2 in the O2 forum or the O2 section in Boards if they still unlock the Iphone 4 straight away.

Couple of comments is that he will extend his contract for another 12-18 months, if you are doing the upgrade on the shop explain that he won't be using it so they won't change his Sim to microSim.

Advertisement