Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Railway Square Question

• 05-12-2011 12:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,590 ✭✭✭✭

What was there before the development of the area. ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

PTH2009 wrote: »
    What was there before the development of the area. ??

Empty area used as a car park IIRC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Years ago there was a unicorn farm there, then trains, then a unicorn farm again, then all the unicorns became extinct and the railway to Tramore moved back in. Ther3e was a bit of a controversy with some people accusing Iarnrod Eireannnnn of having the oonicorns killed.
    Last Friday there was a fire there.
    the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

In the days of horse and carts it was livery stables owned by the Widger family,after that it was the station for the waterford to tramore steam train in the 70s it was a car dealership for Hillman cars owned by the scanlon family,then it was a car park,in the early 90s it became home to a number of street drinkers and was affectionately known as Lindon village after the cheap cider whose empty plastic 2ltr bottles littered the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

longshanks wrote: »
    Years ago there was a unicorn farm there, then trains, then a unicorn farm again, then all the unicorns became extinct and the railway to Tramore moved back in. Ther3e was a bit of a controversy with some people accusing Iarnrod Eireannnnn of having the oonicorns killed.
    the end
    defo a trip to st otterans for you lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,658 ✭✭✭✭looksee

longshanks wrote: »
    the end

I like that explanation, it sounds about right, I don't recall what was there so he could be right. I'm a bit doubtful about the idea that unicorns could be farmed though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭1971

go on to facebook and look up Waterford history and in there there are picture of the tramore train,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

looksee wrote: »
    I like that explanation, it sounds about right, I don't recall what was there so he could be right. I'm a bit doubtful about the idea that unicorns could be farmed though?

The unicorns werent farmed. They were the farmers!
    Grow mighty fine squash they did

Advertisement