Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Fighting Game Christmas Beers.

Options
  • 05-12-2011 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭

Where:
    Fred's place - Apt 54, Camden Court, Carrolls Quay (Next to Pa Johnson's pub)

When:
    Saturday, December 17th - 1700-200

What to bring:
    Beverage(s) of choice, fight stick, extra set-ups, games

I have AE, 3S, MVC2, 3, Ultimate, KOF13, and MK9 but only one copy of each so extra games couldn't hurt if we want to run multiple set-ups

Would anyone of ye lads be interested in this? Misty has mentioned beers before and it sounds like a good idea to me! I think it would be nice to get together over a beer (or lemonade in the case of our fearless leader!) and reminisce about the year we have had and ponder the year to come, plus with the spate of games being released there will be plenty to be discussed/complained about. There are a few weeks until Christmas and if there is a bit of interest in this we have time to sort out a date. By the way this is open to anyone who is interested not just Tempest regulars and if you're from some far flung corner of the world I can happily offer you shelter for the night if you don't mind sleeping on a mattress/couch/chair/floor.

All input regards this idea welcome!

Are you interested in a Christmas Beers? 11 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 11 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Yar, I'm up for this. Can't say no to a good lemonade like.

Maybe we could see about getting into that Sports Baa at the Mardyke. They've got a giant projector with stadium seats! Could be fun for gaming drunkedness :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 38 CavemanFurby

Sounds like a plan! Although I won't be able to do anything after the 17th cause I've exams. Anytime before then would be good though!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭wtfbenson

I'm down! I'd be more than willing to volunteer my place as well, if we're looking for somewhere to game.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

i am in if we can get a some drunken games in, this would be good meet up for the end of the year and the start of 2012 street fighter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Sounds like a plan.... just please for my sake, DON'T go offering me free shots, the Dublin guys already know that shots and Misty don't mix! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Blood-Martyr

Sounds like a plan.... just please for my sake, DON'T go offering me free shots, the Dublin guys already know that shots and Misty don't mix! :pac:

I'll bring a few bottles of Jaeger so :P

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

Cool, I'm up for this :cool:

What is the age limit? :pac:

I kid...... lol

Games would be good since I didn't go to the last tempest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Way hey a bit of interest!

Hopefully a few more might get in the act as well.

I suppose your going to spike it with rupees as well, aren't you!? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Silver Steeez

I am also Down ,Drunken games are always good ill bring the bottle of whiskey for some shot games !

• Advertisement

I am also Down ,Drunken games are always good ill bring the bottle of whiskey for some shot games !

Misty's clever use of reverse psychology to garner free liquor has worked a treat by the looks of it :pac:

ill bring a box or 2 of beers, any particular tastes anyone?

also do we have a do we have a location and date for this epic gathering?

Shokashi wrote: »
    ill bring a box or 2 of beers, any particular tastes anyone?

also do we have a do we have a location and date for this epic gathering?

I would only be able to participate if it's on a weekend, Saturday preferably but Sunday works too. If everyone is up for it, we can have it at my place. I recently re-arranged my guest bedroom so there's room for a set-up in there and I have space in my living room for another setup as well. All in all, I have space for three set ups and can comfortably fit about a dozen people.

wtfbenson wrote: »
    I would only be able to participate if it's on a weekend, Saturday preferably but Sunday works too. If everyone is up for it, we can have it at my place. I recently re-arranged my guest bedroom so there's room for a set-up in there and I have space in my living room for another setup as well. All in all, I have space for three set ups and can comfortably fit about a dozen people.

thanks wtfbenson

sounds class, well if no has any objections then it is best to be held either this Saturday or next saturday.

i can bring my xbox and screen if sairus can bring his audio wires to help with sound :)

also a count confirm to who is coming would be good. we wouldn't want to over pack bensons place.

so vote away people either the 10th or the 17th Saturday weekend

10th would be the best for me, I have exams starting on the 17th :( Also I have to give you your jacket back still Shokashi :P

I'd prefer the 17th but either date is OK with me.

I prefer the 17th as well by a long way I'm in the middle of getting projects done for college this week and I have 3 of my final college exams next week, majority rules though and even if this weekend wins out I will put in a brief appearance.

While either date works for me, I think if I was forced to choose, the 17th would be the one to go for since that would be after 2012 edition is released. Unless of course we want to send off AE by remembering how boring it is. :P

hmmm, the 10th should be ok, like benson said it would be best suited for a good send off, we would be to drunk to remember how bad it is anyway :p
    but it still up to you benson if the date is cool with you?

yeah totally man, the 10th works for me just fine. I randomly decided to clean my apt last weekend too so everything is all already taken care of. Time doesn't matter much either, as long as I get some time to get to the English Market and do my shopping for the week beforehand. Let's say the earliest we could start would be like 1500, though I think that's probably a bit too early for most.

• Advertisement

I'd prefer the 17th but either date is OK with me.
    mackg wrote: »
    I prefer the 17th as well by a long way I'm in the middle of getting projects done for college this week and I have 3 of my final college exams next week, majority rules though and even if this weekend wins out I will put in a brief appearance.
    wtfbenson wrote: »
    While either date works for me, I think if I was forced to choose, the 17th would be the one to go for since that would be after 2012 edition is released. Unless of course we want to send off AE by remembering how boring it is. :P
    hmmm, the 10th should be ok, like benson said it would be best suited for a good send off, we would be to drunk to remember how bad it is anyway :p
    but it still up to you benson if the date is cool with you?

Are you reading the same thread as the rest of us?

I'm looking into a new poll for the date, if I can get the one here altered I will if not I'll make a new thread I'm just waiting on a response from the mods. Since this a community event it will be decided democratically as that is the fairest way as long as either date is ok with our gracious host?

mackg wrote: »
    Are you reading the same thread as the rest of us?

I'm looking into a new poll for the date, if I can get the one here altered I will if not I'll make a new thread I'm just waiting on a response from the mods. Since this a community event it will be decided democratically as that is the fairest way as long as either date is ok with our gracious host?

my bad, this is what i get when i skim through the threads. please pay no attention to me. 17th is good too, thanks for pointing out mack.

apologies to everyone

my bad, this is what i get when i skim through the threads. please pay no attention to me. 17th is good too, thanks for pointing out mack.

apologies to everyone

No apologies necessary, just don't want to jump the gun announcing a date until everyone has had their say :)

I think I'm prob the only one that the 17th doesn't suit, which is grand, I'll try and make an appearance but I won't be drinking :P

I think I'm prob the only one that the 17th doesn't suit, which is grand, I'll try and make an appearance but I won't be drinking :P
    I skipped my last work party for the UMvC launch. Looks like I'm skipping my Christmas work party on the 17th for this one too! :pac:

Nothing''s set in stone yet.

So, whats the latest on this?

Consensus seems to be that the 17th is the best date so we'll consider that settled. I'm not sure about the time though so what works best for you guys? I feel like 5 would be a good starting point but it seems like that would be a long time to drink so perhaps 7 would be better? I'm a bit of a night owl so really as long as we're done by 2am I'm fine.

I'm cool on the time whenever it's on, it's pretty much guaranteed that what ever time it's arranged for I'll be late so I'll stay out of that decision.

• Advertisement

Pretty sure I'm off that day so I'd be happy coming over whenever! I'll head over at 1700 unless told otherwise :)

Advertisement