Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glasses for buck's fizz?

Options
  • 05-12-2011 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

Hi just wondering what people here are using/recommend for glasses to serve buck's fizz in? Thinking of having this for friends Christmas Eve and am thinking maybe the champagne flutes are just too slim for this kinda drink.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

champagne flutes would be correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Flutes are the norm, but if you are going to be lashing it in, pouring from jugs etc, white wine glasses would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

I have an oul A Team mug from the 80's that works a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Okay well thanks for that array of suggestions! I was hoping there might be a glass that was designed with buck's fizz in mind but I suppose it's a cocktail at the end of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

pog it wrote: »
    Okay well thanks for that array of suggestions! I was hoping there might be a glass that was designed with buck's fizz in mind but I suppose it's a cocktail at the end of the day.

1.Champagne, 2.Sparkling wine, 3.Buck's Fizz, depending on your budget. 2 and 3 are budget versions of 1 so are copping the style hence the Champagne flute.
    Depending on budget I would go sparkling wine with a bucks fizz option.
    You can get a supermarket sparkling wine brand that would be fine for BF at the moment on offer for 6 bottles around €32.

• Advertisement
Advertisement