Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IPL Photorejuvenation

• 05-12-2011 1:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Anyone had this done? I have slight sun damaged skin on my face and this sounds amazing but at 600 quid its a big consideration.

Just want to know if anyone has any experiences?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Did you try out? Booked session for Friday,really hope it works. Have more freckles than face so be amazing if have clear skin for first time since I was 5 ! Its ellipse machine. Anyone try this? Please tell me it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

It's an amazing treatment when done correctly. You do need a course as one is generally not enough. We recommend 4 for the general person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭IsaMtq

Just signed in first time in a while - no I haven’t had it done yet but hoping to in the next two months, have been saving up and checking out the different places - prices vary a lot! But really excited to give it ago, I have slight redness around the nose and sun freckles - will never go without sunscreen again!! Recently heard this classic song again & how true!:

Seefin - did you get a treatment - how did it go and would you recommend the place?

Storminateacup - have you had the treatment yourself and recommend if it’s worth the money?

Thanks. :p

Went for first treatment over month ago to advanced laser clinic in cork. .they had settings really low cos first time and no effect whatsoever.went last Thursday -booked course of 4 -and it was more painful cos settings higher.I have noticed some pigmentation from freckles darkening so has had some effect and am hoping will see noticeable difference in few wks.face is covered in freckles so it will be obvious at end of sessions if worked or not. will post here again and let u know how goes!
    While was painful gettin done ,its over in 5 minutes so bearable-if works,will be worth it!

Hope you get good results! How much did the sessions cost you? I've looked into a few places - 300 per treatment most expensive, down to 125 for cheapest - both using the quantum laser?

• Advertisement

They use Ellipse laser-not sure what difference is.I think newer machines allow them to use different strengths or settings so safer? I'm paying 400 for 3 sessions-Theyre gonna give me free 4th session as didn't get results from first treatment which is fair enough.in fact I get impression that they would keep going until got desired results! Think advanced laser have clinics in other cities other than cork? Anyway if you want to hold tough for 2 more months to see how I get on,ill let you know.no point 2 of us wasting our money!

Hey Seefin, how are you getting on after the first session? Noticed any improvement yet? Hope you get some good results from it! They sound like a good clinic. I’ve decided to go with one place, its 575 for 3 treatments – a lot so it will be prob two months till I can pay for it, but also going to go with this living social deal http://www.groupon.ie/deals/dublin/new-age-clinic/3808971 which is 120 for 3 sessions – sounds too good to be true but I reckon its worth a shot – if it doesn’t give great results I’ll still go with the other place – I just really liked them, but it’ll be further down the line. Bit obsessed with all these facial treatments!

How long between sessions do you have to wait?

Have to wait month in between. Was more intense the 2nd session and for few days after,did see some freckles darkening etc.still waaay too many freckles though, I don't understand how the thing works-is it progressive and takes few sessions to fully bring pigmentation to surface or what? Next session is after paddys wknd. I have to say,results have been pretty insignificant so far.am still optimistic though!that groupon offer is excellent value, let me know how u get on

Well I thought it was worth a shot but I think most times you usually get what you pay for so we'll see..

Just wondering how its going for you? I've been for about 6 sessions so far but not very dramatic results-fading in freckles but still no way id not wear foundation. They aren't charging me for extra sessions which is fair enough,say theyll continue until happy. Am really curious now if it works for anyone or if am just unlucky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

Has anyone seen the fraxel philips reaura machine? I saw it in harvey nichols, its about 800-900 euro i think. I much prefer the idea of having my own machine if its good and using it as much as i need and maybe selling it on after.

Hi Seefin!

Sorry to hear that - makes you wonder what you put yourself through when you see little results!! The place you're going to sound good that they are giving you the extra till your happy.

I had three sessions of the IPL and ..... absolutely nothing!!! The sessions were about 10 mins each, and saw virtually NO results!! Woohoo! So spent time, money and energy for having my skin worse now than it was before!

As i said, i think you get what you pay for - and where i went was on offer & it was cheap, but was useless. I will defo get in done again but in a much more reputable place, even if it costs the extra bucks.

At the moment i'm going to start using a hydroquinone (skin lightening/freckle/sun damage remover) product - I've got a 4% one which needs to be prescribed by a dermatologist (or some countries sell OTC if you’re travelling anywhere) - but you can buy the 2% online, neostrata are very good and can be bought here: http://www.thecosmeticpractice.co.uk/pigmentation-c10/neostrata-bionic-skin-lightening-cream-30g-p126 -

and to see the reviews for this, or any products heres a good site: http://www.skinstore.com/p-8930-neostrata-hq-skin-lightening-gel.aspx

Don't know if that helps, but I myself am now a bit disappointed / disillusioned with the whole IPL thing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

IPL PR treatments should take about 30 minutes, from start to finish. It is highly effective when done correctly.

Advertisement