Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend some great sega megadrive multiplayer games

• 05-12-2011 1:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,573 ✭✭✭✭

As the title says.

Got a working megadrive recently and only have a few sonic games for it but wanna get some multiplayer games for the Xmas period.

Didn't have one when was younger, only Nintendo stuff, so don't really have any idea of the games.

Was thinking-
    Road rash 2
    Rock n roll racing
    Fatal fury- any good?
    Bomberman
    Turtles tournament fighter
    Streetfighter- which is the best?
    Micro machines- again which one?
    Sunset heroes

What else? Multiplayer and not super expensive.
    I don't know the prices either. Was watching a zombies ate my neighbours and I thought it would still be there today but was sold because it was cheap. I never realised it was.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Rock n roll racing - it's good, SNES version is better

Fatal fury - First game isn't great and not a great conversion

Bomberman - Brilliant game. TG-16 version is 5 player though :)

Turtles tournament fighter - This game is absolutely god awful, don't bother. Play the much better SNES version.

Streetfighter - Don't bother, Megadrive versions are good conversions for what they are but you can get much better arcade perfect and emulated versions

Micro machines- again which one? - Any of them, they are fantastic. Would recommend super skidmarks as well.

Sunset heroes - Decent enough, ok conversion of a much better and 4 player arcade game.

As for Zombies Ate My Neighbours, get the SNES version, it's better.

I'd highly recommend Toe Jam and Earl, it's a fantastic and weird co-op game.

Also Dr. Robotniks Mean Bean Machine

General Chaos is a **** single player game but a riot in multiplayer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,573 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Skidmarks is the one with the cows right?

Is there any decent fighters on it then? And I ain't getting Fatal Fury 2.

You can see from the games I'm looking at that I haven't a clue what's on it. There all Snes games nearly.

The games don't have to be great, wrong thread title I suppose, but rather fun to play.

For example on GameCube we like xmen next dimension, clone wars and medal of honour rising sun. Not exactly great games but in multiplayer their okay for a mess about.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah skidmarks is the one with the cows.

Out of them I'd go for Toejam and Earl, Micro Machines, bomberman and Dr. Robotniks. Can't really think of anymore at the moment. Stuff like General Chaos and Bomberman are really only good in 4 player and you'll need a 4 player adapter. For EA games like General Chaos you need a different EA 4 player adapter only for EA games. Best thing about micro machines 2 and on is that the extra controller ports are built into the cartridge.

If you want a good fighting game then I suppose Street Fighter 2 is good but there's much better versions out there.

There's also the streets of Rage games.

Gunstar Heroes is superb in 2 player.

Should we mention streets of rage?

What about Golden Axe?

Streets of Rage is way better.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Micro Machines masterfully instills feelings of rage and hatred against the person you're playing against. A dastardly designed game.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Toejam and Earl is one game me and my bro spent maaaaany hours playing with at home when we were younger. The game is so bizarre, but so much fun with a friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Two Megadrives.
    Two TVs.
    Two copies of Zero Tolerance.
    A Link cable.

It's not something which should be possible, but it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Bomberman. The be all and end all of fine multiplayer gaming.

The end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    Two Megadrives.
    Two TVs.
    Two copies of Zero Tolerance.
    A Link cable.

It's not something which should be possible, but it is!

Did you ever get to try out that link cable I made you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    Did you ever get to try out that link cable I made you?

Yep! Works a treat.

It's a very strange experience. Almost seems like witchcraft :D

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Bomberman. The be all and end all of fine multiplayer gaming.

The end.

Apart from the fact that my brother is better at it. Damn my slowing reflexes and speed of thought! I think he beat me 21 times in a row last year on the Snes.

Advertisement