Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Cup S16 Sign-up Sheet

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Ye'll need to replace me. I'll probably be back in another season or two but this way i can retire as division 1 undefeated champ!!

Presumably you'll go back into Div V, or probably VI at that stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

We said that we will add divisions at most every 2-3 seasons and play as is otherwise (replacing fallen comrades such as js along the way)

When we next add a division we will discuss whether we do a reshuffle or not depending on league balance. Actually I would propose adding a division at most every 2 seasons (new teams in bottom league) and look at reshuffles at most every 4 barring any major unforseen problems.

So replacing js we will promote number 3 in each division and get someone to fill the spot in div 5.

I'll be sending messages out this week about teams continuing or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Ah yeah, I wasn't on about new divisions or anything, just doing a sign-up to gauge interest and replace people who have left. Though that can be done once we gauge who is or isn't about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

mar-z wrote: »
    We said that we will add divisions at most every 2-3 seasons and play as is otherwise (replacing fallen comrades such as js along the way)

When we next add a division we will discuss whether we do a reshuffle or not depending on league balance. Actually I would propose adding a division at most every 2 seasons (new teams in bottom league) and look at reshuffles at most every 4 barring any major unforseen problems.

So replacing js we will promote number 3 in each division and get someone to fill the spot in div 5.

I'll be sending messages out this week about teams continuing or not.

The other option is to only relegate one from each division and then fill the last spot.

works out the same over all with new team in Div IV - but teams don't relegate and be replaced with a team who came third.

Just to throw out another option considering could you say that a team dropping from a division is weaker than some in third in div below?

I'm easy either way

(full disclosure: I think it will impact my team as I am around the bottom 3 in div 1 at the moment, hence I won't be campaigning and am happy either way...still get matches!)

I think 1 down 2 up sounds good -won't affect me either way

• Advertisement

Few more places have opened up this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Keogh1876

Ye'll need to replace me. I'll probably be back in another season or two but this way i can retire as division 1 undefeated champ!!

Sorry guys but I'll be going too for a while. It's been fun & I appreciate the hard work involved in organising this.

Cheers

Keogh

Thanks for the name change Fewcifur.

With Keogh gone (booo Keogh :(:P) we now have two spaces to fill in the league.

Please say in this thread (and give you team name to save a little time) is you are in or out for next season. As before if you played in S15 you are in for next season if you want and we fill remaining spots with newer interested teams.

If your a new team trying to sign up if we have space left your in.

As the league had been expanding every season caused some technical problems/hassles and league imbalances we will only be expanding at most every two seasons (and only if there is interest of course). This means the next expansion will be S17 at the earliest, so I apologise if you are interested but miss out.

But on the other hand two new spaces are currently available!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

so were saying if were still in or just if were out?

im in anyway still newcastle west. how could i quit a comp thats given 2 gold trophies in 2 seasons

seanand wrote: »
    so were saying if were still in or just if were out?

Say if your in as well.

Otherwise someone could be out but not have seen this and that way confusion lies.

• Advertisement

I'm in also, everyone likes a tryer. with Keogh gone I have chance to climb higher in Div 1!!:D

*just realised I forgot to set team...and tactics can't be set on phone. awkward!!

I'm in Fingal Physicians Div IV (currently ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Mwsag are in

Still in.

Could someone who has access to the BR newsfeed maybe throw up a post about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

In

Forza Juve

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Still in.

Could someone who has access to the BR newsfeed maybe throw up a post about this?

Done, linked to this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 doccse

Doccse - Ulster Trials - I'm in again

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Davyboy.

I'm in again if that's ok guys

Davyboy
    BJD Panthers

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭scholar88

I'm in,

Mayo Migrants
    Team ID 45341
    Marcony

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Can I apply for league membership?

User: SomethingElse
    Team Name: Celtic Superstars
    Manager ID: 111729

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 schouboudou

Again and again

ID équipe : 85492
    Team : Casey's Guinness
    ID manager : 99816
    Manager : schouboudou

Yup, i can't remember if there were teams waiting to get in, but two are moving on so two slots free. Mar-z will be able to confirm if there are teams waiting. if there are not, welcome to the competition.

I see you have added your team to the role call, any quick questions post in the Q&A thread and someone will be along quickly to answer. or start a thread if wishing to have more debate/details around your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

Back in

l3m0n5
    Rath Rugby Club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Amadangomor, Team - Dread0's, ID - 85090

Back in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Wexford1979 - Toronto Irish in again, this season no more mister nice guy... it's flee ridden hostles for all visitors:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Front row fairies are in (for another season of hidings :( )

manager:daheff
    manager id:47308
    Team ID
    team ID: 45222
    team:Front Row Fairies

should we maybe look at having an affiliates league also? It'd be very interesting seeing as everybody would be starting at the same level!

You're in. As eoferrall said welcome and if you have any questions ask away!

daheff wrote: »
    Front row fairies are in (for another season of hidings :( )

Good news, bad news situation in that you got relegated to division 3 but that should mean it's not a season of hidings.

should we maybe look at having an affiliates league also? It'd be very interesting seeing as everybody would be starting at the same level!

That would be cool. Obviously it would be a much smaller league as I'm sure not everyone will want an affiliate.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

mullend
    Couch Potatoes

Count me in again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

mar-z wrote: »
    You're in. As eoferrall said welcome and if you have any questions ask away!

Thanks! can't wait to get started :D

Advertisement