Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How Much Sleep Do You Get?

• 05-12-2011 3:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Usually around 5 hours a night during the week and 8 at weekends for me.

I've got to be up at 6:30am in the morning though and I'm wide awake now :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Paully D wrote: »

Yeah I'm in the same boat, would get around 5-6 if I have to get up in the morning otherwise up to 10!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Depends on college hours during the week and exam times. At weekends, I get 8-10. During the week, I try to get about 8, but it's usually less. At the moment, with deadlines and exams coming up, I'm getting very little sleep. Have two essays due tomorrow that I'm still working on, so I'm not gonna be sleeping tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

*turns over*

ZZZZzzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

6-7 hours during the week , 10 or so at the weekend ! Strange thing is after a long sleep I feel like I've a hangover :/ headache , stuffed nose and just a general crappy mood , really sucks as I like my bed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Depends when I have to be up really, some nights during the week I get 3, 4, or 5.
    Probably averaging out at about 5 or 6 during the week and anywhere between 4-12 on weekends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

this post is automated, im currently unavailable till midday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Never enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

4 or 5 hours usually. Even if I don't have to be up, I'll never sleep more than this. can be horrendous all the same. Can also stay awake for utter days on end, much to the detriment of my mental health, I'm sure...

Oh look, that plant is eating that car...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

10-13 hours thanks to my good friend Seroquel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭acidskiffle

About 6 or 7 hours but the last 4 nights I have only gotten 2 to 3 and still can't get to sleep now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Around 3-5 hours and around 8 on my days off work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Can't sleep, clown will eat me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

This weekend was 4hrs sleep a night, Fri, Sat and Sun. Pretty tired now.
    Usually get 4-9hrs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Not enough, internet won't let brain sleep :(

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Cillian13

Not enough anyway. I'm still up after getting home from work at about 3. At this stage I think I'm better off going for a jog and not sleeping at all because I have college at 11. I'd be a lot worse off if I only get 3 hours sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Not enough! >.<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

During the week ( mon-fri/sat) I am up at 4:00, because I start work at 5:00.

Going to sleep around 22:00-22:30.

So 5-6 hours of sleep. Hard.

Worst part about this: if on your day off you sleep for longer then 9:00 morning, you wake up with huge pain in a head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭Aseth

Not enough - usually about 5-6. About 7-8 during a weekend. Would get more but my cats make sure I don't ^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Worst part about this: if on your day off you sleep for longer then 9:00 morning, you wake up with huge pain in a head.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

I go for 6-8 hours 7 days a week. Otherwise it's like a cloud in my brain all the time.
    I do get the ' sleep hangover' if I go past 10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭taato

And I thought I was the only one afflicted with the headache if I manage to get more than 6/7 hours sleep! It is hateful waking up and getting up so early on your day off but it's still better than the almighty headache!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

I was doing horribly bad and averaging about 2 - 3 hours a night. One day I decided to tire myself out by getting up early and then going to bed when I was wrecked.

Have been getting between 8 - 10 hours now and feel as fresh as a daisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Which head do you get this pain in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

5-6 during the week. Anything up to 12 on the night before a day off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Got around 5 hours, normally it's 6-7. GF was up for work at 7 and turned that fùcking fan heater on in the room which kept me awake.

Normally I have to contend with the nuclear brightness of that light bulb in the room when she turns it on......I really should get it changed to something lower. I think I'm getting a tan in the mornings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

It depends. i work shift so days and nights.
    I normally sleep well after night shift, getting about 7 to 8 hours sleep.
    But i never sleep well at nights. mabey an hour or so. so usally a zombie during days and full of energy during nights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

4 or 5 hours, if I'm lucky. Last Thursday, I woke up at 5am. I didn't get to sleep until about 7.30 on Saturday morning, and that only lasted for 3 hours.

I'm still wrecked...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭rich.d.berry

I don't need all that much sleep, 7 hours would be about the most I'd sleep. We normally go to bed around 11:00 but I would not fall asleep for an hour at least. Sometimes I'll read till 2 or 3. I have no problem getting up at 7, in fact, I normally wake up before the alarm. That includes weekends. I may lie in bed till 8 or 9 but I'm done with sleeping by 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I'm something similar wake up at 3am start work at 4, work 12 hours, then go to bed around 11 or 12pm getting 3-4 hours sleep.

Don't sleep any later than 8am on my days off as I feel horrible for the day(unless I'm hungover)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Try to get around 8 during the week, up to 10 on weekends.

I can't function on less than 7, end up feeling really sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

8-10 hours if I can. I'm not working at the moment.....so I can :p. I only slept about 6 hours a night for about ten years so I guess my body is making up for it.

I just feel so much better during the day if I let my body wake up naturally. If an alarm or a person wakes me up, I usually feel tired after a few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Fart wrote: »
    Which head do you get this pain in?

I am not local so my spelling is bad. I did not knew how to spell headache, so I said it in more simplistic form. Ah well, atleast you all have a good think to lough about ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭pippam

9 hours on average :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I aim to get at least 7, but I can survive on anything more than 5 and a half! 8 hours is the magic amount for me to be top of my game though.... less than 7 makes me just get by, and more than 9 or 10 leaves me sluggish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Slept for 17 hours on Saturday night (wasn't hungover or anything, just wrecked).

Most nights I am for 7 though. And then take an hour and a half to get up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Sleep about 6 hours a night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

3-4 hours max during the week but normally crash out over the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

I'm always nodding off. I do try and nab a sleep in whenever I get the ch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

Normally between 7 and 9 hours, about 10 on weekends. Feel awful if I sleep too long as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

During the week 3 - 5 hours

At the weekend anything up to 18 hours.

I feel great after loads of sleep, but only if I have not got much to do and I can spend the day in a lovely foggy laziness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

6-8 hours on weekdays, but I feel tired and unfocused with less than 8. 10 hours on a weekend.

I wonder how people manage to survive on less than 6 hours sleep a night. If I did that I'd burn out after 2 or 3 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭lau1247

Davidius wrote: »
    6-8 hours on weekdays, but I feel tired and unfocused with less than 8. 10 hours on a weekend.

I wonder how people manage to survive on less than 6 hours sleep a night. If I did that I'd burn out after 2 or 3 days.

you get used to it after a while..

As for my self, averages around 7-8 hours, used to sleep only 6 hours when work was very busy..

The lack of sleep is mainly contributed due to lack of determination to go to sleep earlier.. just a little bit more, just a little bit more and next thing you know it is 12am or 1am already.. then I regret it the next day

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

10 in the morning and 13 at night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I've insomnia, so not nearly enough.
    I can go days without sleeping at all, and then finally over sleep from exhaustion.
    And some days I get a few hours, other days I get normal sleep.
    It's just completely inconsistent, and it's driving me completely crazy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

8+ hours sleep! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

More than 13 hours gives me a snoozy headache. But usually 8-10 hrs will suffice. God help me if i have kids!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

About 6 hours on weekdays, 14 hours on weekends (Usually 2am to 4pm, unless there's a game I want to watch).

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pixie80

Never enough when I have work the next day. I try to get minimum of 6.5 hours. It takes 1hour for me to actually fall asleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Paully D wrote: »

Is that you Bill Cullen ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Once went to bed on a Thu night and woke on a Sat morning. Missed a day of work and everything and (rightly so) got into a lot of trouble because of it. To this day I can't believe I slept so long (approx 36 hours).

Nowadays I generally get 10-12 hours. Too much tbh

• Advertisement
Advertisement