Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How Much Sleep Do You Get?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Missmiddleton

not nearly enough 0_o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

usually 4 - 5 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Normally between 8 and 9 hours a night, weekends the same. Had a 12 hour kip on Sunday after a heavy night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Usually around 6-7, but the past few weeks it's been 3-4.

Just have to get this off my chest because it annoyed me.
    Went to the doctors today because I haven't been sleeping properly/well at all recently.

'So what do you do during the week, school, work?'
    'Yeah, I'm at school'
    'And is that A Levels?'
    'It is yeah, Year 13'
    'Right'

'Well, I think you've probably just got anxiety. You have got the biggest exams of your life soon'

Cheers doc, that's really going to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Oversleep way too much, results in feeling hungover and edgy alot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

yawn!

• I can't believe how little sleep some people get. I'm a zombie if I get less than 6 and I'm tired and achey if I get less than 7 or 8 (except for the odd one-off). I get up at 8.30 and if I want to function well, I have to be in bed at midnight. It's a pain in the hole.

Try to get 7 or 8 hours during the week other wise I will be half asleep all day, if I go out during the week then I obviously get less. Weekends vary depending on what I'm doing, if Im out saturday night and get home late I might only get 6 hours other wise I could get 10 or more, I often wait in bed for hours awake too so its more time in bed than time asleep I count up on weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I won't be getting any tonight as I was off today and slept in till 3pm. I have to be up at 6.30am tomorrow so it wouldn't be worth my while trying to sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

lau1247 wrote: »
    The lack of sleep is mainly contributed due to lack of determination to go to sleep earlier.. just a little bit more, just a little bit more and next thing you know it is 12am or 1am already.. then I regret it the next day
    I'm like that, I usually sleep between 2am-8am or thereabouts.. I have no idea where the time goes after 10pm, it flies in!
    10am-2pm at work goes a lot slower than 10pm-2am at home of course! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

lau1247 wrote: »
    The lack of sleep is mainly contributed due to lack of determination to go to sleep earlier.. just a little bit more, just a little bit more and next thing you know it is 12am or 1am already.. then I regret it the next day

Yep, that sounds very familiar.

I know I probably shouldn't, but I'm always on the laptop when I go to bed and it takes me a while to shut off when I'm finished on that.

Oh well, another couple of weeks and I'm off for Christmas and I'll be taking full advantage of the holidays by sleeping in most of the day :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

6 hours, tis enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Hmm, seems the average is about 6 hours, bit on the low side IMO!

I probably average about 7.5-8 hours a night, more at the weekend. My legs and eyes hurt like crazy if I get less than 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

depends how randy i am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I need about 8.5 on average,but it seems i'm in a bad routine.i could've slept much earlier,why did I let myself be kept up :/ it'll take a while to get into waking up at 8 or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Any less than 7 hours and I'm a grouchy zombie.

This semester.. very little. Maybe 5 or 6 hours due to late nights & early mornings.

But, back to college in January... so, 12 hours + ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Posy wrote: »
    I'm like that, I usually sleep between 2am-8am or thereabouts.. I have no idea where the time goes after 10pm, it flies in!
    10am-2pm at work goes a lot slower than 10pm-2am at home of course! :rolleyes:

I go to bed at 10 pm 3 nights a week to put some hours in the tank. I took the tv, laptop etc. out of the room and find myself nodding off a lot quicker now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Paully D wrote: »
    I know I probably shouldn't, but I'm always on the laptop when I go to bed and it takes me a while to shut off when I'm finished on that.
    That sounds SO familiar, I always feel like such a tired idiot the following morning! :(
    Joe10000 wrote: »
    I go to bed at 10 pm 3 nights a week to put some hours in the tank. I took the tv, laptop etc. out of the room and find myself nodding off a lot quicker now.
    I have no TV in my room- it's the damn laptop that's my problem.
    If I'm reading now at night, I won't read anything too exciting, the amount of times 'Just one more chapter' turned into reading until dawn was stupidly ridiculous. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Yeah Buddy

Even though I have no early starts in college, I often find myself up at 3am arsing about on the laptop, looking up pure sh1te on wikipedia or whatever. Then there are some nights where I just cannot go to sleep, and end up waiting for myself to get tired. I guess I'd usually have, give or take, 6/7 hours sleep - until the alarm goes off that is. Sometimes then though I'll wake up (pretty much literally) dead, struggle to knock off the alarm and catch another hour or two.

It's funny though, whenever I'm drinking/going out, I'll wake up at 8am fresh as a daisy after maybe 5 hours sleep.

Weekends then I take the piss altogether, you're looking at 10/11/12 hours anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I usually fall asleep within about 2 minutes of trying. I might be on my phone or have the laptop or reading but once I decide to go asleep I'm usually gone in literally a minute or two. My insomniac friends are v. jealous of this :D

Advertisement